I love quick crafts. Who doesn’t? Cute, easy, and free crafts win every time in my book! Like this magazine page envelope craft or how about a 20 minute shoe makeover? Today’s fabulous craft quickie is a tin can pencil holder… woot woot! Check her out:
All you need is:
- a tin can
- different colored duct tape and/ or electrical tape
- scissors (to cut the tape)
This is so dang easy, I can explain it one little sentence. Ready? Clean out a tin can, tape the tape to the can, and then use your fancy sharpie to make designs all over the can. Voila. Done-skies. How’s that for a quick craft? And for you visual learners, here’s how it went down in pictures (and a few words because I’m a loud mouth and like to gab):
1. The fancy materials:
2. The taping of the can. Taping over the edge is good idea to avoid cutting yourself when reaching for a pen.
3. Getting crazy and cutting triangles with the orange electrical tape. I know, I know who has colored electrical tape at home. Me! It’s from the pseudo disaster wall treatment I attempted when we lived in Florida. And just for the record, here are 16 seriously awesome ways to use electrical tape for DIY purposes.
4. The tin can masterpiece doing its job like a champ.
I wanted to give a special shout out to Angie and Carolina for the kick in the butt to do another quick, awesome, free craft! Tell me, have you ever made a tin can craft? Have you ever used electrical tape to DIY? Spill the beans, baby! Oh and if you liked this tin can craft, you’ll love these 49 tin can craft ideas!