I’m a big fan of the ugly Christmas sweater party! You can see Andy and I’s DIY Texas inspired sweater masterpieces from 2013 and our full body Chrsitmas costumes from 2014. I even like to bring bottles of wine adorned with ugly sweaters to parties! This year I thought it would be fun to dedicate an entire tree to ugly sweater madness with ugly Christmas sweater DIY ornaments, complete with hangers made out of paper clips. Tis’ the season for tons of ugly Christmas sweater party ideas!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 paper clip per sweater ornament
- Card stock
- Skinny Sharpie Markers
- Needle nose pliers
- Hot glue gun
- Washi tape
I made my hangers first. Y’all, these are so easy, as long as you have something too cut the paper clips! For the most part, I used my hands to manipulate the paper clips, but you can also use the pliers to assist. Here’s the low down on folding the paper clip into hanger.
The only other thing to note, is step 3 is where the handy dandy wire cutters come in handy. Then in step 4, I used the needle nose pliers to help bend the clip around itself to form the hanger. You can buy miniature wire clothes hangers, but they are kind of pricey, at least on Amazon. (36 hangers for $32)
Now, that you’ve got some hangers made, it’s time for the fun stuff! Use a pencil to doodle a simple sweater outline on a piece of white paper. Erase until you’ve got it right, and do make sure and test it on your hanger so that you are sure it will fit right! Once your got a template made, trace and cut a few on white card stock. Now it’s time to decorate your ugly Christmas sweaters!
Here’s the low down on what I used to make each ugly sweater ornament:
And now for 12 more awesome ugly Christmas sweater party idea plus a chance to win $130 cash!
- Ugly Sweater Fudge Favors from The Cards We Drew
2. Ugly Sweater Coozies from Create Craft Love
3. Meowy Christmas Ugly Sweater Idea from Crafting in the Rain
4. Ho Ho Ho Ugly Sweater from A Girl and a Glue Gun
5. Ugly Sweater Wreath from 100 Directions
6. Ugly Sweater Gift Tag from Oh My Creative
7. DIY Ugly Green Christmas Sweater from This Scattered Life
8. Personalized Ugly Christmas Sweaters from Beth Watson Design Studio
9. Ugly Sweater Necklace from Just Between Friends
10. Ugly Sweater Invitations from Occasionally Crafty
11. Ugly Sweater Contest and Awards from Polka Dot Poplars
12. Ugly Sweater Decorations from Organized Island
- Giveaway runs from Monday, November 30th through December 7th at midnight.
- Winner will be selected by Rafflecopter and notified via email.
- Winner must have a valid PayPal account to claim cash.
- Winner has 48 hours to respond via email to claim prize otherwise new winner will be selected.
- The bloggers involved are not responsible for notifications that go to spam or that aren’t claimed in time. Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram are not associated with this giveaway and are in no way held responsible.
- All winning entries will be verified and if not complete, the entry is VOID and another winner is selected. Open to anyone with a valid PayPal account.