If you’re just looking for Jamie’s email, look no further! E-mail: [email protected]
Also, I live in Austin, Texas!
10 Things About Jamie
1. Living in small spaces has made me a pro at vertical storage. Organizing our Florida kitchen on a door was essential to making our 1 drawer (yes- one drawer) kitchen work for us. Functional craft are my favorite.
2. Andy and I planned our wedding in 2 days and got hitched in our living room with 4 guests on 2-22-2012.
4. Halloween is my fave. I get to dress my husband and kids up as all kinds of ridiculous things. Bob Ross, Happy Tree, and squirrel might be my fave. Or Where’s Waldo, the pregnant version or maybe the organic carrot. The baby cheeseburger was pretty cute too. Tons more Halloween costume madness here.
5. One of my oh so special talents is turning random things into cheesy puns to give as gifts for holidays. Things I like, “I love you a whole LOTTO!” and “I’m BEARY happy you’re in my class!” (150+ cheesy sayings paired with small treats here!)
6. Andy and I lived in Beijing, China for one year while he was building the US Embassy. I taught English to kindergarteners, tutored high school Korean students, and explored every inch of Beijing via bike. I also discovered how Chinese parents potty train their kids.
7. I was a high school special education teacher for 4 years, and have a masters degree in educational administration. I’m certified to be a principal in the state of Texas. But, I’m pretty sure if I were principal, the kids would run amok with craft supplies.
8. I can do an aerial. If you don’t know gymnastics lingo that’s a cartwheel with no hands! (Here’s video proof, ha!)
10. I live in Austin, TX with Andy, Maxwell (2014), and Mila (2016). We eat a lot of tacos and go on as many adventures as possible. Hiking up Mount Bonell and graffitiing walls at Hope Outdoor Gallery are 2 of our faves. Here are 20 free things to do in Austin!
Creating with freebies has been happening since I can remember. I grew up with a wonderfully crafty mom who would take me to Good Will and garage sales to my little heart’s content. The free part is easy when you are a kid with no money! Check out my fancy college decor. I discovered blog world while reading family blogs, and came across one with links to craft blogs. I was hooked. Seriously, I started C.R.A.F.T. the day after I saw my first craft blog. I was a teacher and Andy did not get home until 7, so from 4-7 I was well, bored. I was already crafting so I utilized that time to document the crafts that were already happening. I’ve been blogging and loving it since February 2010.