If you have no idea what to dress up as for the big Halloween party, not to worry! I’ve rounded up 19 easy, clever Halloween costumes that can be thrown together in an afternoon with simple supplies that you likely have on hand or can be bought at the grocery store. Think poster board, junk mail, packing tape, and red bandanas! Behold… 19 easy DIY adult costumes!
19 Easy Adult Halloween Costumes:
1. The Village People: You know that song “YMCA”, that’s the Village People. This is an easy last minute group costume idea with 6 choices of characters. Best part? You likely have most of the peices needed for these costumes on hand! Your choices are: Construction worker, Police man, Cowboy, Army, Indian or Leather man. Mila substituted Army for Navy.
2. Glow stick person: Black pants, black shirt, glow sticks, and clear packing tape
3. Mail Stripper: Scissors and junk mail. This one is sure to get a laugh!
4. Donut: Inflatable inner tube and paint. The coffee cup headband is cute an added bonus!
5. Owl: Pillow case, fabric, fabric glue
6. Willie Nelson: Plaid shirt, sunglasses, red bandana, long hair a plus
7. Grandpa: Plaid pants, belt, large jacket, funky hat, pipe, and a pillow to make the belly extra round.
8. Tourist: Location t-shirt, camera, hat, fanny pack, white socks, sneakers
9. Captain Recycle: Green pants and t-shirt, recyclables, tape, safety pins, green face paint a plus
10. Chia Pet: Black swimmers cap and fake greenery
11. Where’s Waldo: Red and white striped t-shirt, black rimmed glasses, jeans, red and white beanie
12. Bank robbers: Black and white striped t-shirts, black pants, black masks, pillow case, black marker
13. French Press: Black and white t-shirt, Easy button from Staples, red paint, and red neck tie, blond wig and long cigarette a plus
14. Paper doll costume: cardboard or foam board, pretty wrapping paper, spray adhesive, and an XACTO
15. Deviled Egg: Poster board, fishing line, hole punch, yellow t-shirt, devil horns
16. 80’s prom queens: 80’s dresses and crowns would be awesome
17. Emojis: Yellow poster board, markers, string
18. Dancing emoji girl: Red dress, red shoes, and you must strike the post as often as possible!
19. Piñata costume: Post-It’s, a pair of shorts, t-shirt, and 2 party hats.
What’s your favorite handmade adult costume from the list? And did you decide who/what you are going to dress up as for Halloween?
More fun costume round ups:
- 44 more DIY adult Halloween costumes
- 34 handmade kid costumes
- 20 group Halloween costume ideas
- 43 animal costumes for kids and adults