What is #20CraftsIn20Days?
Raise your hand if you are looking for something fun, productive, and free for your kids to do this summer?
I’m starting #20Craftsin20Days to hold me accountable to not use a screen as a babysitter. That’s right, I said it. I’m guilty, but I want to do better.
I want my kids to use their creative muscles, but I know I need a plan and some accountability if I’m really going to make this happen.
Are you in the same boat?
Join our #20CraftsIn20days summer craft club! The creativity starts on Monday, June 4th!
Goal – Encourage Creativity
The goal of #20Craftsin20Days Club is to encourage creativity! The goal is not to add more things to your to do list or add to your mom guilt that you’re not doing enough.
If you need a day off, no worries. If you do the same craft 2 days in a row, who cares! The idea is to simply get your kids creativity flowing.
Join the club!
If you’re curious about the kind of crafts we will be doing, here is the supplies list for Summer Craft Camp 2018!
Materials list for Summer 2018
- 2 White T-shirts (per kid) – Or a white canvas bag. If you already own a plain white t-shirt, awesome! If not, consider using the the blank backside of a t-shirt you already have on hand. Also, you can replace white shoelaces for one of the t-shirts.
- Sharpie markers – 3 colored permanent markers is plenty. But, the more the merrier.
- Rubbing alcohol – Yep, like the stuff you likely have in your medicine cabinet.
- Empty cereal boxes
- Hot glue gun
- Coffee filters
- 3-5 throw away plastic cups
- 3-5 empty toilet paper tubes
- A plastic toy – That you’re ok with being painted!
- Sidewalk chalk
- Two empty spray bottles
- A Syringe (or 2)
- Watercolors – The basic set from Crayola is perfect.
- 1 Container of Elmer’s Glue – We’re making slime!
- Contact lens solution
- Shaving cream
- Food coloring
- 1 pocket folder
- A magazine or 2
- Sand paper