What is #20CraftsIn20Days?
2o Crafts In 20 Days started as a summer craft club for kids, but the crafts work great any time of the year! Christmas break? Spring break? Tie Dye coffee filters are Day 14, but my kids make them most afternoons while I get dinner together.
I’m started #20Craftsin20Days to hold me accountable to not use a screen as a babysitter. That’s right, I said it. I’m guilty, but I want to do better.
I want my kids to use their creative muscles, but I know I need a plan and some accountability if I’m really going to make this happen.
Goal – Encourage Creativity
The goal of #20Craftsin20Days Club is to encourage creativity! The goal is not to add more things to your to do list or add to your mom guilt that you’re not doing enough. Check out last summers crafts here!
If you need a day off, no worries. If you do the same craft 2 days in a row, who cares! The idea is to simply get your kids creativity flowing and arm you with tons of easy, fun ideas.
Get Kid Crafts Delivered to Your Inbox
Every morning for 20 weekdays, you will get one really awesome kid craft idea sent to your inbox.
Join the club!
If you’re curious about the kind of crafts we will be doing, here is the supplies list for Summer Craft Camp 2018!
Materials list for Craft Club 2018
- 2 White T-shirts (per kid) – Or a white canvas bag. If you already own a plain white t-shirt, awesome! If not, consider using the the blank backside of a t-shirt you already have on hand. Also, you can replace white shoelaces for one of the t-shirts.
- Sharpie markers – 3 colored permanent markers is plenty. But, the more the merrier.
- Rubbing alcohol – Yep, like the stuff you likely have in your medicine cabinet.
- Empty cereal boxes
- Hot glue gun
- Coffee filters
- 3-5 throw away plastic cups
- 3-5 empty toilet paper tubes
- A plastic toy – That you’re ok with being painted!
- Sidewalk chalk
- Two empty spray bottles
- A Syringe (or 2)
- Watercolors – The basic set from Crayola is perfect.
- 1 Container of Elmer’s Glue – We’re making slime!
- Contact lens solution
- Shaving cream
- Food coloring
- 1 pocket folder
- A magazine or 2
- Sand paper