For the record, there is no baby in my belly! I just love Halloween costumes and really love creative DIY pregnant Halloween costumes. After all, you only get one chance to dress up a baby bump each pregnancy. Although, if you’re bump isn’t quite big enough at Halloween, there is always Christmas. A pregnant snowman with a baby snowman busting out is kind of adorable, if I do say so myself!
32 DIY Pregnant Costumes:
1. Where’s Waldo – Perfect for the prego who wants a comfortable outfit. It doesn’t get much better than a t-shirt, jeans, and beanie! Also, a great group or family costume, can’t have too many Waldos (or Wendas).
2. Deviled egg costume – All you need for this maternity costume is a peice of white poster board, a yellow t-shirt, and devil ears and tail. The best part? It’s super comfortable!
3. Pregnant Unicorn – The only thing better than a rainbow unicorn is a rainbow pregnant unicorn complete with a baby unicorn poking through the belly!
4. Snow lady and baby – If unicorns aren’t your thing, maybe a snow baby busting out of the bely is more your style?
5. Kim Kardashian – Kim and I were pregnant with our 2nd babies at the same time, so the Kim Kardashion costume worked out perfectly for my big belly. A throw back Kim costume is always a good idea, add a Kanye and a few kiddos for good measure!
6. Bob Ross, Happy Tree, and a baby squirrel – Bob Ross created many masterpieces, but this might be his best one yet. We call it “Happy Little Squirrel”.
7. Peanut M&M- How cute, and again, comfortable is this DIY Peanut M&M Halloween t-shirt?
8. Golfer and hole in one – How cute (and clever) is this DIY pregnant costume idea?
9. Gum ball machine and a quarter – Clever! But, I also love how simple this costume is to make yourself. A simple white t-shirt, red skirt, and a bag of colorful pom poms will turn your adorable pregnant belly into a gum ball machine in no time.
10. Sun, constellation, and Galileo costume – I love that Suzy gave he pregnant belly center role in this costume as the sun in the universe! Galileo is closely observing the sun.
11. X-ray and Dr. – I know you’ve seen the baby skeleton in the Mama’s belly costume, but this maternity costume takes it up a notch. There’s an entire X- Ray machine and of course, an x-ray technician.
12. Juno and Paulie – Juno came out in 2007, and if you haven’t seen it, you should! Erin and Matt pulled off the perfect Juno and Paulie!
13. Magic 8 Ball: I’ve seen the magic 8 ball belly before, but the partner addition with the fortune is perfection!
14. Snoopy and Charlie Brown: It doesn’t get much simpler than yellow and white t-shirts and some black felt. Done and done. And also adorable!
15. Bump in the road – I especially love this “Bump in the Road” pregnancy costume idea as part of a transportation themed family costume. Family members could be street signs, truck drivers, race car drivers, or stop lights! (Picture originally found in the forums of Thebump.com)
16. Red neck -Turn the pregnant belly into a beer belly for an evening and call yourself a red neck. This costume is sure to get a few giggles!
17. Humpty Dumpty – Painted belly’s are always a winner, just add a face and a faux brick wall for baby Humpty Dumpty.
18. Pumpkin painted belly – If you paint your belly like a pumpkin please take a picture of said pumpkin belly in a pumpkin patch and sent it to me! Adorable!
20. Angry bird
21. Farmer and cow – I love that the cow costume is complete with an udder and nipples from baby bottles. This is a great group costume idea because you can add as many farm animals as needed. A baby chicken, a horse, or piglets would be adorable for the kids!
22. Elephant and peanut – I mean, does it get any cuter?
23. Bun in the oven – This costume is hilarious, but it does not win in the comfort department.
24. Skeleton– A skeleton and a baby skeleton is an oldie, but a goodie when it comes to DIY pregnant costumes! I love the addition of the pink bow in this cute bump.
25. Clam and pearl – Holly of Jacksonville Beach, Florida crafted her gorgeous pregnant belly into a pearl!
26. Basketball players and basket ball– I love that this maternity costume involves the family! Plus, all you need is orange paint for the belly and matching t-shirts or jersey’s for the family.
27. Fishermen and fish bowl– If you already have kids, it would be super cute to dress them up as fish!
30. Money bag and robber
31.Wicked witch of the west and her crystal ball – Wizard of Oz themed painted belly for the win!
32. Ripe Avocado – A peice of cardboard and with a cut out for your beautiful belly and paint is all you need for this pregnant Halloween costume cuteness.
33. Baby on Board – How cute is this family Halloween costume complete with a lifeguard, surfer, shark, and of course a baby on board!
And there you have it 31 DIY maternity Hallowen costumes! Which one is your favorite?
If you liked this homemade costume round up, don’t miss these: