Halloween is only a few months away, and if you’ve been hanging out on C.R.A.F.T. for any amount of time, you likely know about my DIY costume obsession! I I mean I accidentally made my son 6 costumes for his first Halloween. (See all 6 DIY baby costumes here.) Now that we have a 2 year old and a 4 year old to dress up for Halloween a good group Halloween costume is critical. Here’s a list of 34 of the greatest Halloween costume ideas for groups on the internet!
1. Bob Ross and a Happy Tree costume: This costume is extra fun if you’re pregnant because you can add a baby squirrel! Bob’s costume is super simple to throw together. All you will likely need to buy is the wig and whip up a paint pallet out of a peice of cardboard.
2. Glow in the dark stick figures: How fun would a big group of glow in the dark stick people be at a Halloween party? Best part? It’s such an easy costume to make.
3. Waynes World: If you’re looking for an easy 90’s costume to throw together, consider Garth and Wayne from Wayne’s World circa 1992!
4. Clean and Dirty: How cute is this couples costume of clean and dirty? Or how fun would it be to get a group of loofas together?
6. Patty Mayonnaise and Quailman: If you grew up watching Doug, you are well aware of Doug’s alter ego, Quailman.
7. Waldos and Wendas: Where’s Waldo is the perfect group costume idea for a really large group. All you need are red and white striped t-shirts, black rimmed glasses, and a red and white beanie.
7. Candy Land: I mean does it get any cuter than Lolly Princess Frostine, Grandma Nut, Mr. Mint, and the gingerbread man?
9. Crown and Coke: This is cute couple costume, but could easily turn into a group costume too! This life size Crown bag was sewn out of purple fabric and hand embroidered with “Crown Royal”. The “Coca Cola” is a vinyl cut from a Cricut machine.
11. Christmas Trees: Christmas in July (or October) is always a fun idea! All you need are green dresses, ornaments, and red ribbon for this festive group costume! Ideally, Mr. and Mrs. Claus would make an appearance too.
12. Piñata and a piñata striker: This life size pinata costume was made out of Post It notes!
17. The Flintstones
18. Star Wars
19. Village People costumes: This might be the easiest group costume to pull off since you likely have most pieces in your closet right now!
21. Paint Chips: Oringially from the blog, Hand Made Make My Day.
24. LEGO People: These amazing handmade LEGO people costumes come with a detailed tutorial from Sew Woodsy. Hint: You need a lot of cardboard, foam, and patience.
27. Snowmen (or ladies)
28. Pac Man: I love that you can add as many little Pac-Man ghosts as you need. Also, here’s a fun tid bit, the ghosts have names: Blinky, Pinky, Inky and Clyde.
Want more DIY easy costumes? Check out these posts: