The snapchat filter costumes for couples or besties is one of those DIY costumes that can be super simple or awesomely complicated. Here are five versions of the filter/ no filter costume so that you can find the perfect one for you and your beaux.
5 Snapchat Filter Costumes
For the record, I’m not a big Snapchater, so for me this is more of a Instagram story costume. Feel free to call this super simple Halloween costumes whatever you want!
1. Basic filter/ no filter costume
We had a Halloween party to attend on Saturday night and we’re planning on using our DIY Operation Game costumes. As fun as those costumes are, I realyl wanted something new! I had this costume idea in the back of my head, but hadn’t pulled the trigger on getting it together. During Saturday afternoon nap time, I raided our closest to see what clothes we had that were similar, and oddly enough we had quite a few choices. We also happen to have the same pair of shoes! (Dorks, I know!) I took a quick trip to the Halloween store for a long brown wig, and threw together these super simple Halloween costumes!
2. Above and beyond no filter/ filter costume
My Chicago friends, Tyler and Eric, are DIY costume pros! (They once made a piñata costume out of Post It’s notes and check out this twinning emoji costume!) Their costumes are over the top and always epic. So I expected nothing less when I saw their version of the filter/ no filter costume. No detail was left un touched from the outfits to the hair and makeup and even that pose!
3. The original
This is the original Snapchat filter costume that inspired me to make our costume this year! The costume geniuses are Kelsey Blong and Anthony Del Quadro. High fire, y’all!
4. Adorable Filter/ No Filter Costume
Sheena and I were both inspired by the original costume above. Great minds think alike, and they nailed the pose!
5. Bower Power
My blog bud, Katie whipped her own hilarious version of the filter no filter costume. I love that they wore simple red tank tops and showed off that hairy chest! This costume is all about using what you’ve got. Also, the facial expressions and pose is on point.
Tips for making the Snapchat filter costumes
- The filter or no filter sign is crucial to the costume. As you can see above each couple utilized a different method for adhering the sign to the t-shirt. Safety pins, tape, and creating a necklace for the signs are 3 easy methods.
- Another beautiful things about this costume is that you can wear anything as long as you have twinning outfits. The more extravagant, the better! (See example #2 above!)
- Mimicking an actual filter is a fun idea, but don’t let that stop you from making this easy last minute costume! All you really need is a wig that looks like the other person’s hair. It’s that easy!
I think there is no doubt the no filter/ filter costume was the Halloween 2018 costume of choice!