Once upon a time, before this whole crazy blog thing, I was a teacher. A high school special education inclusion teacher to be exact. Showing teachers how much we love them is important to me. And now that Maxwell is in preschool a few days a week, I want to make sure that his teachers know how much we appreciate them! I think teacher gifts are tricky especially if you don’t know the teachers very well. Clearly, you want to give them something they can actually use and enjoy. For the record, gift cards are always appreciated! Since we gave his teachers gift cards for Christmas, I wanted to do something different for teacher appreciation week.
I also wanted the gift to be at least partially Maxwell made, which is tricky since he is only 3. We finally ended up with these cute candles and Max assisted in making the notes to attach to the gifts. Look at those beautiful scribbles!
15 Teacher Appreciation Week Ideas:
1. I won the lotto having you as my teacher: Lottery tickets
2. Thank you for helping us shine: Candle and lighter
3. Thank you for being the light in the life of a child: Candle and lighter
4. You’re just the write teacher for me: Pens and utensil holder (+ free printable)
5. We are O so thankful for you: Bagels (+ free printable)
6. I’m beary happy you’re my teacher: Gummy Bears (+ free printable)
7. Bouquet of Sunshine: A yellow pot full of yellow treats!
8. Let’s taco bout how awesome you are: Taco Restaurant gift card (+ free printable)
9. You are a supreme teacher: Pizza gift card
10. Thank God-iva such a great teacher: Godiva chocolate (+ free printable)
11. Here’s the Scoop, we think you’re great: Ice cream store gift card (+ free printable)
12. Thanks for helping us grow: Potted succulents (+ free printable)
13. Personalized gift card holder: Perfect for any gift card
14. We’re in good hands with you or Hands down, you’re the best teacher around: Hand soap (+ free printable)
15. Thank you for keeping me on target: Target gift card (+ free printable)
If you’re a teacher, I’d love to hear your take on the best gifts to give teachers for teacher appreciation week! What do you love? Anything you’d rather not receive? As a parent, do you have a go-to gift for teachers? I’d love to hear…