Hello C.R.A.F.T. readers! It’s Rachel from Lines Across and Let’s Wrap Stuff back again to share another holiday printable pillow box! (Check out the cute bat boxes I shared last month.) I really love pillow boxes, because they are super fast and easy to put together, and they store flat. Some favor boxes take a ton of time and folding and gluing to create (don’t get me wrong I love those too!), but these pillow boxes are a quick and easy craft. They would be perfect for a Thanksgiving treat, a holiday party at school, or as a cute little edition to the kid’s table for Thanksgiving dinner. These are a little larger than the Halloween themed pillow boxes I have been sharing. They are just big enough to fit a small gift card, candy, treats, jewelry, or even a special note.
2. White Cardstock (I used 65 lb. from the craft store)
5. (Optional: an X-ACTO knife or some sort of scoring device)
1. Download and print out the free template onto white cardstock. (The colors on the template look brighter than they will once you print onto cardstock.)
2. Cut out the pillow box and the feathers.
3. Score along the curved lines at the top and bottom of both sides of the pillow box. I like to use the dull side of an X-ACTO knife. You have to be careful not to press too hard and cut all the way through the paper.
4. Fold the long vertical lines and fold in the round tabs a little bit. Then glue the white strip to the opposite inside of the box. Let it dry.
5. Spread glue around the white rectangle in the middle of the feathers. Then glue this area to the back of the pillow box so that the feathers stick up at the top.
6. Let the glue all dry and then pop open the box by folding down the tabs. Make sure that the brown tabs go on top for a more finished look.