Surprise, I’m back! I did this one pre scheduled post since it goes along with the travel theme… What to wear on an airplane? This isn’t exactly 3 separate tricks, but it’s one big one. What to wear on the airplane can be a major dilemma… especially on long flights! Or at least for me! You want to look cute, be comfortable, and be prepared for uncontrollable temperatures. Here is my perfect airplane outfit and why…
- Skinny jeans with stretch are essential. I used to wear regular pants and roll up the bottoms when I went to the bathroom. I was forever (rest of the travel day) disgusted if the bottoms of my pants touched the bathroom floor! It’s gruby, and totally avoidable with the skinny jeans trick. My airplane skinny jeans must include a little stretch. I like to fold my feet in chairs, and no stretch does not allow this to happen.
- Cozy t-shirt. I like one that’s a little baggy and a little longer in the back than the front to cover up the bootie in the e skinny jeans. Slightly baggy + cotton= cozy.
- Scarf. I get cold on planes and in airports. OK, fine… I’m cold in general : ) The scarf can stay around my neck or wrap around my body in my seat. Versatility is key. I don’t get on planes without a scarf.
- Slip ons. 2 words: airport security. And I like to take my shoes off on planes, but want easy access to slip them on for a bathroom run. Toms or ballet flats are my plane shoe of choice.
- Long Champ travel bag. It folds up tiny, so if you decide you don’t need it on the way home, just fold it up and throw it in your suitcase. It fits perfectly under plane seats, and holds plenty of magazines, snacks, and other plane goodies. You can get the Longchamp bag here on Amazon.
Here’s the Long Champ folded up:
What do you think of my airplane outfit? Are you a pant roller up too? What do you wear when you travel? Do you have any air plane rituals? I make it a point to buy airplane treats (tail mix, almonds, York peppermint patty) at the grocery store before I travel. Cheaper and ensures I get exactly what I want. Happy summer travels.