We have a s p e c i a l guest today…!
Hi! I am Stacy from Not JUST A Housewife. I am so excited to be guest posting here at C.R.A.F.T. today!
This time of year traditionally means a lot of travel. We love to visit family for Thanksgiving and Christmas but that means a lot of time is spent in the van. Even though we have TVs for the kids to watch movies, they get bored with that after a while. I always pack books and other things to give them a variety of activities. I made someFELT FACES to add to our stash of travel activities!
- card stock paper
You can get variety packs of felt in different colors for just a few dollars per pack. In other words, this is one CHEAP activity to make!
*Draw a basic face shape, eyes, a few different noses, ears, some mouths, eyebrows, accessories like bows and flowers, maybe some glasses. I wait until I have cut out the face shape before I draw the hair. Then they will match up.
*Cut them out and then trace them onto the felt. Cut the felt pieces out and your done!
More tips for making felt faces:
- I have four boys so I didn’t focus on the girls as much. You could go all out with fun girly things like earrings, girly glasses, more hair options, etc. I made my first set for a friend 7 years ago and made hair that had two pony tails. The sky is the limit!
- I store mine in a gallon sized ziplock baggie. They are great to stick in your purse and have for church, Doctor’s offices, etc.
- I save the pieces I cut out of paper (the “pattern”) and the scraps of felt and put them in a folder in my filing cabinet. That way if we loose an ear or mouth I can quickly make a replacement.
- Make them to look like your family members complete with Grandma and Grandpa. I was going to make some Grandpa hair but I didn’t have any grey felt.
- Make some hats. A cowboy hat, fireman, etc. Or even an eye patch and bandanna. Then the people can play dress up!
Thank you Jamie for letting me share this fun idea today! Come on over and visit me at Not JUST A Housewife anytime for more ideas!
Comments & Reviews
You're awesome Jamie! Thanks for swappin' with me today!
So cute…what a great idea!