- card stock paper
More tips for making felt faces:
- I have four boys so I didn’t focus on the girls as much. You could go all out with fun girly things like earrings, girly glasses, more hair options, etc. I made my first set for a friend 7 years ago and made hair that had two pony tails. The sky is the limit!
- I store mine in a gallon sized ziplock baggie. They are great to stick in your purse and have for church, Doctor’s offices, etc.
- I save the pieces I cut out of paper (the “pattern”) and the scraps of felt and put them in a folder in my filing cabinet. That way if we loose an ear or mouth I can quickly make a replacement.
- Make them to look like your family members complete with Grandma and Grandpa. I was going to make some Grandpa hair but I didn’t have any grey felt.
- Make some hats. A cowboy hat, fireman, etc. Or even an eye patch and bandanna. Then the people can play dress up!
Thank you Jamie for letting me share this fun idea today! Come on over and visit me at Not JUST A Housewife anytime for more ideas!