I bought 6 yards of fabric from IKEA for $5.99 a yard, and 2 twin size flat bed sheets to use as backing. I used 6 grommets for each panel, a little no sew tape from IKEA, and a little sewing machine action…
Tips for making DIY grommet curtains
- You must use an even number of grommets. That way both sides of the curtains will turn inward.
- Sew the bottom hem first with the sewing machine.
- Then, I used the no sew tape to make the final bottom hem, so you can’t see any stitches on the front
- The plastic grommets are super easy to put in, don’t be scared!
- With grommets, it is much better to make the hole to small them too big.
- The backing is only sewed down to 3 sides of each panel, the bottom of the backing is not sewn to the curtain fabric.
Sneak peek on the progress of the multi purpose room! I’m doing a furniture make over project this week…