When it comes to decorating, rugs can really make a room. But, rugs are expensive! They aren’t something you likely want to buy second hand and reuse either. So, the real question is where to find cheap area rugs that will make a homey space and not break the bank? And if you have kiddos (or pets), you know rugs get dirty and stained fast. So, knowing you are buying a rug that will likely get spilled on is just another reason to buy a cute, cheap area rug. We did the work for you and made a list of 12 inexpensive, but awesome, modern area rugs that cost less than $200 a peice. These rugs make a big bang for your buck. Check them out! Who knows, maybe you’ll find a keeper!
12 Cute, Cheap Area Rugs for Under $200:
1. Floral Medallion Rug Silver
2. Black and White Striped Rug
5. Pink Bordered Traditional Rug: This is the one I ended up buying for our living room. It’s thin, but see below my trick for making rugs baby proof for cheap. Oh and here’s a picture of the rug in our living room.
6. Blue and Grey Modern Abstract Rug
8. Moroccan Trellis Rug
10. Geometric Diamond Loop Rug
11. Vintage Inspired Distressed Rug
12. Distressed Ivory and Silver Vintage Rug
Are you ready for my super secret trick for making rugs of any thickness baby proof?
2 Rug Tips
Tip 1- Cheap rug pad
Use your old rug as a rug pad. We are doing this right now in our living room withe rug #5 on the list above.
Tip 2- Exercise mats
You’ll never guess the best, most inexpensive rug pad ever? Foam exercise mats! Here’s a 6 peice foam mat from Amazon for $21. it doesn’t matter what color they are since the mat will actually live under your rug anyway. Also, even if you have an 8×10 rug , you might only need half of the rug protected if the other half lives under furniture, etc.
Rug shopping can be so much work! Lugging home and trying out giant rugs and then deciding you don’t like it, all to take it back to the store is a pain in the the butt. Having one delivered to your front door is so much better, just sayin’. Which rug do you like the best on this list?
Leave A Reply!