For the updated version of this post, check out 29 Free Things To Do in New York City.
Starting May 3rd, every Thursday throughout the summer, creative bloggers from around the web are going to guest post and show us 10 fun, free, family friendly things to do in their city! Today we’re kicking off the upcoming series with one of my very favorite cities! I bring you 29 free things to do in NYC, NY!
29 fun, free, family friendly things to do in NYC
- The Daily Show
- Late Night w/ David Letterman
- The Dr. Oz Show
- Late night with Jimmy Fallon call: 212-664-3056
- Saturday night live email: [email protected] Enter a lottery for the entire season in August.
- The Martha Stewart Show
- The Rachel Ray Show
- Good Morning America
19: MoMA: Free every Friday from 4 pm to 8 pm. Get there early, the line can wrap around the block! This is my favorite museum in NYC. The address is:11 West 53 Street. Call
And there you have it, 27 fun, free, family friendly things to do in NYC. Do you have any other must do things to add to my list? I’d love to hear…
28. The High Line Park. The High Line was originally built to ensure safer travels for trains and cars in the early 1930’s. Before 1930, 10th avenue was nicknamed Death Avenue because of all of the train and street traffic accidents. The growth of interstate trucking led to a decline in the use of railroads and the high line. The last train runs on the high line in 1980. The park is renovated and fully opened to the public in June of 2011. Read more history here.
29. Chelsea Market. This market is located below the High Line at 15th Street. This is an always changing venue complete with restaurants, bakeries, markets, artists, and a flea market. Grab the kids lunch and a cupcake, while you browse the cuteness. It is open Monday – Saturday from 7am to 9pm and Sundays from 8am to 7pm.