Note: This post brought to you by Avery.
As a former teacher and now mama, it makes me smile to catch Maxwell “reading”. (Reading currently equals pointing and naming things on pages.) We love books in Casa de Dorobek. Before Max was born, we had a B is for book baby shower, where guests brought their favorite childhood book instead of a gift from a registry. I love giving classic board books as baby shower gifts. A few of our favorites board books to give as baby gifts are The Pout Pout Fish, Goodnight Moon, and Brown Bear Brown Bear. Add a few sheets of book plates and you’ve got a sweet, personalized baby shower gift that will be loved for a long time.
I’m excited to team up with Avery this summer to bring y’all 3 fun, super simple projects. First up is, “This book belongs to…” labels that you can download and print and use on your own books or to accompany a gift. I designed two labels. One for your home library and one for a teacher’s library.
There are 2 ways to print the book plate labels. This depends on if you’d like to customize your labels or not. For instance if you wanted to add your child’s name via font instead of hand writing it in, then you will want to download the .avery file. To do this:
- Download “This Book Belongs To:” or Download “From the Library of:” to your computer. Both are .avery files.
- Go to Avery. /print
- You’ll see where it says “Open a saved project from” in the middle of the page, click the green “your computer” button and upload the .avery file from your computer.
- This will pull up the design and you can customize and print form here.
- I used the Avery Print-to-the-edge 2×2 Square Labels (#22806) for the “This book belongs to:” labels.
- I used the Avery Print-to-the-edge 1.5 x 2.5 oval labels (#22804) for the “From the library of:” labels.
If you want to print without customizing, just download these .pdf files to your computer:
Here are some tips for perfect printing the first time:
- Print the document on a sheet of white paper so that you can compare the alignment with a sheet of labels. To do this, hold the printed sheet behind the Avery product to check the alignment of your layout.
- Be aware of how your printer takes in paper so that your labels will print on the correct side.
- Make sure that the “Fit to Page” button is not checked before you print
I love that the 2×2 square Avery labels comes with 10 sheets of 12 labels so one pack will make 120 book plates. Print out all 120 and have extras to have on hand for new books, baby showers and kids birthdays!
I designed another set of bookplate labels specifically for teachers. These labels make great gifts for a teacher of any grade or subject matter. As a former high school teacher, I always had books on lend to students and would have loved to use these fun bookplates on the inside of our classroom library books.
Here’s what you need for the teacher library labels:
- Avery Print-to-the-edge 1.5 x 2.5 oval labels (#22804)
- Download this free “From the Library of” label
With the end of the school year in sight, consider printing out a few sheets of book plates and pairing them with a few new books as an end of the year gift for your kiddos awesome teachers. I think it’s pretty safe to say that all teachers enjoy growing their classroom libraries!
Here are both free downloads one more time:
- Kiddo label: Download this free “This book belongs to” label
- Teacher label: Download this free “From the Library of” label
Do you have a go to baby shower or end of the year teacher gift? I’d love to hear…
Comments & Reviews
How do I convert your 2X2 “This Book Belongs to” label to a 2X4 label #18163?
Erin Nichols says
These are adorable! I don’t have a child in school, but I could definitely use these and start putting them on all of my daughter’s books. Thank you for sharing at the Bloggers Get Social Get It Together Link Party. We hope to see you again this week, starting on Monday.
These are cute labels. Thank you for sharing with us at #HomeMattersParty. We would love to see you again next week.
What awesome downloads! Great for back to school 🙂
Edye | http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com
Victoria @DazzleWhileFrazzled says
I love this idea. Pinning so I can remember to include something like this in a teacher appreciation/holiday gift. Visiting from Pretty Pintastic Party.
Charlotte Burkholder says
I recently went to a baby shower where they requested books instead of cards. It was a nice idea. These labels are nice too. Thanks for sharing on Family Joy Blog Link-up. Please come back and join us again!
Jamie Dorobek says
I love that idea! Books are an awesome baby shower gift! And these labels would make such a cute add on 🙂
Charlene Asay says
These are a great for back to school. Thanks for sharing with us at Family Joy Blog Link Up Party this week.
Tanya @ Mom's Small Victories says
These are so cute. I’m an avid reader and see how reading to my kids everyday as babies has translated to their success in school now. I love giving books as gifts and these labels are a perfect addition. Stopping by from SITS Blogging and hope you join us at Small Victories Sunday Linkup if you haven’t already, we’re open all week until the new one starts tonight!
Jamie Dorobek says
Tanya! I LOVE giving books as baby gifts too 🙂 Thanks for stopping by and I will absolutely link up!