Sarah from Thrifty Decor Chick asked me to be a part of a little blog hop to share a few of my favorite things this week… how fun is that? I picked toys, and y’all I’m picky about toys. I’m one of those mean moms that only allows “x” number of toys in the house and is not scared to give a few or a lot away. My criteria is educational in some form or fashion, and will be loved for more than 11 seconds! Basically, I like to test run toys. If a friend or neighbor or his preschool has a toy that he continues to love time after time, I put it on the consider for purchase list. All of the toys listed below are either toys the we own and love or are on the possible purchase list for Christmas. Maxwell is only 20 months old, but I am not afraid to buy him toys that are listed for kids that are 2+ or even 3+ years old. He needs a good challenge and plus, at least in my head, it means the toy will keep his interest longer down the road! Oh and if you are looking for more ideas, I wrote a post titled best gifts for a one year old, and he still loves and uses all of those (shape-o-ball, pop up toy, and all books are major faves)!
1. Vintage Play Kitchen: This kitchen thing is cute, and you won’t mind staring at it every dang day! Maxwell loves to “help” in the kitchen, and I’m hoping that Baby Girl will also be a fan!
2. Musical Gator: It’s 4 musical instruments in one, perfection! You only need one toy, instead of 4!
4. Hot Dot Tots: This is a series of self checking books with a little bear named Elliot. The book asks questions, and Elliot lets the kiddo know if he got the answer right or wrong, fun!
5. String My ABC’s: Great for fine motor skills and letter recognition! Later on, this will be fun to spell out simple words with too!
6. My Alphabet Puzzle: These are simple 2 piece puzzles for every letter of the alphabet. Maxwell loves to help me put them together and spy things like “cars” and “apples”.
7. Personalized Books: I know, I know, I’ve written about these before, he just loves them so much! And this one is a special Chrsitmas version!
8. Folkmanis Puppets: Max has a few of these including the dino in the picture, an elephant, and a dragon. He loves them all! And it’s super cute because he likes to share his paci with the puppets animals.
9. Who Lives Where: A wooden, 3D memory game for kids!
10. Balance Bike or 3-in-1 Scooter: He loves this balance bike! Currently his favorite toy. And I love that the 3-in-1 Scooter can be used until the kid is about 5! (And don’t forget the cutest helmet ever: A Nutcase!
11. Creating Really Awesome Free Things: I have to add this one to the list, y’all 😉 It’s my book and it offically launches on Dec. 4th! It’s a gift that is fun for the whole family. Maxwell loves this craft from the book! More book deets here.
12. Money for swim/ music/ gym classes/ museum memberships: I’m all about experience gifts! (Remember what I got Andy for Christmas?) And kid classes can be expensive, so this is a fun gift for a few people to give baby (and parents)!
And a bonus gift that any mom or dad will extra appreciate!
13. Money for a 529 Savings Plan: Always a good gift!
Be sure and check out more of the stuff we love from my blog friends around the web!
Thrifty Decor Chick
What are you getting your toddler for Christmas? Any other super fun toys that your kids love?!
This post contains affiliate links, which just means I make a small amount on every purchase made!