I’ve been making lists, checking them twice, and scratching things off like a mad women. (Andy doesn’t call me Luna (short for lunatic, sweet hubby I got!) for nothing.
The rug is too small. Don’t you think?
It’s not awful in here, it’s clean and simple. I just feel like it’s a hodge podge of old stuff… Well, I don’t feel like that… I know that! I’m waiting for that inspiration piece to fall into my lap and have the whole room come together! By fall, I mean find at Good Will for $20 bucks! Wouldn’t that be nice : )
I have a saving up (it will happen one day) to do list and I have a for real (oh yea we’re poor) to-do list, ha!
- a new 8×10 (or bigger) rug… the 5×7 thing is not doing it for us anymore. That’s expensive and a big item commitment purchase… Those always scare me. I can’t just paint over, sand it, or recover it! It’s also hard in a rental because the rug I’d buy for plain white walls is drastically different than the rug I would buy if and when I can paint those suckers.
- a new couch… our cozy couch wouldn’t fit in the elevator and had to be put in a consignment store…Boo! We are now using the fancy futon from the Austin, TX guest bedroom as our everyday couch. It’s handy for overnight guests, but the no arm thing is getting old for watching DVR’d Parks and Rec, 60 minutes, and Seinfeld re runs, every night!
I like this one, it’s more neutral, less expensive… but, do I love it? I don’t know. It is also the kind that needs a rug mat. I’ve never had a rug like that… good? bad? It’s $299 from Crate and Barrel. The couch is dark grey and I could throw some bright, funky pillow all over it. Hmm…
I love this this one is hand tufted, but I’m not sure about the blue grey color with my couch. I wish it was the opposite combination… you know more white than blue/grey. It’s $397.00 +$2.95 shipping from overstock. Great price for an 8×10 rug. Not to mention 85 reviews with a 4.5 star average. Look how nice it looks in this room with a white couch.This rug might be winning…
- lamp shade redo… My mom got me the gorgeous lamp for my b-day last year, but we never loved the shade. I’m just trying to decide on a rug and couch.
- Recover the blogging chair. It’s old and super crusty. Andy got it for free from a neighbor.
- TV piece of furniture… the dresser makes the TV way to high. I feel like we can find something cheap and give it a makeover. I’m on the look out.
- Recover the pillows on the couch to brighten it up and go with the NEW rug 🙂
- Continue adding to my wall of frames. I want the floor to ceiling look (see more here). It takes time to find cheap frames!
- Fix the black bar things Andy got for free. The magnetic doors are broken. It’s fairly annoying.
- Paint those 2 chairs next to the bar. Maybe a little dipped feet look 🙂
- Recover the dinning room chairs. Really, I want a new dining room top. I love the bottom, but glass is super not functional. It is always. dirty. Always. It’s yucky. I like the chairs, and I LOVED the fabric, but it’s time for an update.