Below are the highlights from 2 years of weekly link parties I hosted on C.R.A.F.T. called Making Monday Marvelous. (M.M.M.)
I started Making Monday Marvelous on April 26, 2010, just 3 months after I started C.R.A.F.T. The last of the 135 Making Monday Marvelous link parties ended on December 12, 2012. In January 2013, 5 bloggers created a new link party, Monday Funday. I co-hosted 90 link parties until October 19, 2014. Monday Funday continued as a collaborative link party until 2017. At the height of the link party, we had anywhere from 600-700 bloggers link up and share their latest craft, DIY or recipe idea with a like minded community.
2. Sam from ninth stet east linked up these adorable lady bug rocks. This was featured at Making Monday Marvelous #17.
3. All Things Fee created play sushi out of felt. I still think it is adoarble. This was featured at Making Monday Marvelous #17.
4. Did you know that all you need to make a sprinkler is a water hose, duct tape, and an empty 2 liter bottle? True! Find the full tutorial on Making Memories. This was featured at Making Monday Marvelous #63.
8. Mommy x 3 turned a hole in her kiddo’s pants into a creative masterpiece. I love how she added button eyes and used felt to patch the hole turned monster mouth.
9. How cute is this sleepover party table set up? Snowy Bliss created these adorable sleepover party decorations with white poster board, a black marker, and an XACTO knife. The slumber party decorations were featured at Making Monday Marvelous #42.
10. Life as a Thrifter turned this thrift store table into a splatter paint masterpeice.
11. Come Together Kids shared these no bake hamburger cookies with Vanilla Wafers as buns and a York Peppermint Patty as the burger. Featured at Making Monday Marvelous #56.
12. Felt So Cute made her daughter this blue bird costume to resemble Jewel from the 2011 Disney Movie, Rio. Did I mention she used a hot glue gun to make the entire costume?!
13. Rockwellali gave a spice rack new life as a button organizer with a coat of white paint. Who knew a spice rack made such great craft room organization? This was featured at Making Monday Marvelous #42.
14. Lindy turned a simple armoire into a craft cabinet extraordinaire. One of the best craft cabinet armoires I’ve ever seen! This craft cabinet was featured at Making Monday Marvelous #39.
15. Organizing made fun created the cutest (and most organized) potting shed I’ve ever seen. Featured at Making Monday Marvelous #119.
16. The Bird’s Papaya created this simple hanging book sling out of fabric and a curtain rod. I love that this could hang anywhere and organize books. This was featured on M.M.M. #21.
17. Danielle turned a vintage soda crate into the perfect craft caddy! The craft caddy was featured on M.M.M. #132.
DIY wall art
18. The woven paper art was created and linked up by Can’t Stop Making Things was featured on M.M.M. #29.
20. Shoestring Pavillion used Tulip puff paint to give a plain mirror a brand new look. Featured at Making Monday Marvelous #63.
21. Life, Crafts, and Whatever turned plain ol’ paint chips into this gorgeous peice of art. A little Mod Podge and wood stain gave this peice a fun, textured look. The paint chip art was featured on Making Monday Marvelous #39.
22. Mini Moz crafted up this sweet personalized wall art complete with maps of where they met, married, and live. Featured at Making Monday Marvelous #68.
23. One Pure Heart simple used white pipe cleaners to write the word love and then wrapped the pipe cleaners in yarn! Adorable. Featured at Making Monday Marvelous #79.
29. Who knew extra large tissue paper flowers make such great centerpieces for a party? Love, Laughter, Decor has a complete tutorial. Featured at Making Monday Marvelous #56.
30. Elizabeth and Company linked up this DIY wedding brooch to Making Monday Marvelous #118. It’s gorgeous! The base of this bouquet is made out of pink silk hydrangeas. The brooches are attached using floral wire and tucked into the stems of the silk flowers. My favorite part? She used a toilet paper roll to cover the stems. Genius. For tons more details and pictures, check out Elizabeth and Company.
31. Varying sized styrofoam balls, black paint, and Command Brand hooks make for the cutest giant spider decorations you’ve ever seen! Check out Want to Get Crafty for the complete tutorial. Featured at Making Monday Marvelous #124.
32. Sweet Something Designs used acrylic water and spray painted bottle caps to make a funky DIY serving tray.