We don’t get a lot of snow here in Austin, so I have to get creative when it comes to building a snowman with my kids. I teamed up with Shamrock Farms to bring Frosty to Texas in the form of whipping cream. Y’all know that I really only like to do things in the kitchen that involve chocolate or crafting and this treat wins on both accounts!
Here is the very fancy recipe:
- Hot chocolate mix
- Shamrock Farms whipping cream
- Powdered sugar
- Marshmallows are optional (but highly recommended)
- Snowman decorations (chocolate chips, candy corn)
First, whip up the cream! Holding the hand mixer was pretty exciting for Max. He couldn’t do it all by himself, he’s only two and a half, but he had fun watching the cream form. And he especially loved being my taste tester. I don’t do exact measurements, I just add a teaspoon of powdered sugar to the heavy whipping cream until I like how it tastes. You can’t mess this up, promise.
After you get the whipping cream whipped, mix up the hot chocolate mix according to the directions on the package. Now it’s time to prepare the cuteness. I like to layer the goodness. Hot chocolate, marshmallows, and then whip cream on top! To serve the whip cream, I cut a hole in the corner of a zip lock bag and pipe it on top of the hot chocolate. Totally not necessary, but makes the snowman appear fluffier and piping proved to be a fun activity for Max!
I used chocolate chips for the eyes and mouth and a candy corn for the nose. I’ve officially added snowmen hot chocolate to our Christmas tradition list! I mean how cute is this Frosty in a cup?!
A few fun facts and tips about Shamrock Farms premium Heavy Whipping Cream:
- It’s high in butterfat which leads to stronger peaks and longer hold times.
- It’s made with real dairy from cows never treated with the growth hormone rBST.
- Shamrock Farms creams lineup includes traditional half and half – with zero trans-fat and Shamrock Farms heavy cream, both with an easy to use flip top cap.
- Substitute milk with heavy cream in sauce recipes for a thicker texture and richer taste.
- Add Fat Free French Vanilla Half and Half for a slightly sweeter flavor in recipes.
A cute, tasty, hot beverage and craft all in one… my kind of treat!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Shamrock Farms. The opinions and text are all mine.