Christmas is just around the corner and holiday cards will start showing up in less than month! If you’re like me, you likely still have a pile of Chrsitmas cards hanging out in the Christmas decor. It’s so hard to just throw them away. I can’t throw away my friends and families faces! I did a little research/ made up a few fun things you can do with all of your holiday cards! I also asked the wonderful world of C.R.A.F.T. facebook what they do with their Christmas cards, and got a lot of fun responses, so be sure and check out that list too.
1. Use pictures as contact photo in your phone: Just snap a picture of the Christmas card and use it as that person’s contact photo in your phone! You can take a picture of the entire card or just a picture of the main image. I chose to use the main image. That way when they call you get to see their pretty faces!
2. Cut up the non photo cards and make gift tags:
I made 3 gift tags out of one card:
3. Make a garland with the photo cards: Cut the cards into squares, punch 2 holes and string! Super easy.
4. Make postcards: Cut the front side of the card off and draw on post card lines! Voila!
5. Donate cards to charity: Make sure there is no writing on the back side of the front of the card. Also, they can not except Hallmark, Disney, or American Greeting cards.
6. Use as scrapbook material: Cut out words and images on the cards to use on your Chrsitmas scrapbook pages!
8. Put ’em in the family photo albums!
10. Turn a few into puzzles for the kiddos: Just cut each card into a few pieces and place in a zip lock bag. They make perfect little busy bag activities for kids!
To see tons more clever ways to decorate with pictures, check out the whole series!