Everyone loves to receive money as a gift, but handing someone a card with a $20 dollar bill inside seems so well… boring. Not to mention, it’s way more fun to watch someone unwrap a real gift. With a little extra effort and a dose of creativity you can make giving cash fun again! Here are 23 clever ways to give cash as a gift for any occasion.
23 Creative Ways to Give Cash:
1. This creative cash giving method involves a wrapped gift and balloon popping, how much more fun does it get? See all of the details on giving cash in balloons at C.R.A.F.T.
2. This cash giving method isn’t for everyone, but my brothers sure loved it! Bonus: it’s so easy to put together! Add a twenty to the center of a toilet paper roll with a note that reads “Just in case you get crap for graduation, use this!”
3. And some extra “Dough” to a container of Play Doh for a gift that is sure to be enjoyed! Check out this post on C.R.A.f.T. for more details on how to give cash in Play-Doh.
4. Cash and candy? Yes, please! Check out C.R.A.F.T. for more details about giving cash in a Pez Dispenser.
5. Jolly Ranchers: Wishing you a holly jolly Christmas!
8. I want to be there when little Johnny opens this box of chocolate! See all of the details on Life as a mom.
9. How sweet is this idea to give origami money! See how to make an origami heart at Homemade gifts.
11. Gift Card Cuff @ It’s Toile Good
12. Canned Money @ What I live For
13. Money Tree @ Then She Made
14. Money Lei @ Lil luna
16. Money Lottery: My brother invented this method. He puts various amounts of cash in envelopes, fans them out and allows us each to pick one envelope. Typically this happens on Christmas afternoon. One year the big prize was $100! I must say it is pretty exciting, and my siblings and I look forward to it each year!
17. Gingerbread “dough” +poem @ Heart and soul scrappers
18. Book Money: Hide a crisp $20 bill in a good book. Freakanomics, C.R.A.F.T., or Guns, Germs, and Steel are a few good options. A cook book or an adult coloring book could be perfect for the right person too! The hard part is not telling the recipient. Just let the recipient find the hidden treasure as they flip through the book. I promise they will be excited…it is like finding hidden money in your winter coat pocket!
19. Kleenex money box @ Lovezilla
21. Frame money @ Create my event
22. It’s raining money @ The seasonal home
23. Pizza box
With Christmas just around the corner, I feel like this might be a handy post! Do you have any other ideas about how to give cash creatively? I’d love to hear…