Mom-ing is a whirlwind of sleep deprived adorableness combined with crusty, sweet curious chaos. Maxwell is currently the king of “Why” and hates sleep. Mila gets braver, more opinionated, and more mobile by the day. Plus someone has to feed these two at least 3 times a day. Spring break was last week which meant no school for Maxwell and our regular college aged babysitter was living it up in Cabo. It was me and 2 kids all day, every day for a week. (See tip #3.) I teamed up with Square Cash to share 5 ways to make finding, organizing, and paying babysitters easier.
1. How to find babysitters: Word of mouth and online websites are 2 great first attempts, but if that’s not working out, consider reaching out to a local college or university. I have had really good luck with babysitting facebook groups through sororities. Another lesser known way to find summer, weekend, and/or night sitters is through neighborhood list serves. Send an email out in search of a highschool kiddo looking to make some extra bacon.
2. Keeping babysitters organized in your phone: I add every babysitter that ever sits for us into my contacts as “Babysitter First Name”. That way when I need a sitter, I can scroll to the “B” section and (fingers cross) find one fast!
3. Face with a name: Now that you’ve got all of your babysitters in one place on your phone, you have to try and remember which one is which! Before I hire a sitter, I always look them up on facebook to make sure there are no major red flags. While I’m on facebook, I save his or her profile picture to her contact info in my phone so that I can put a face with a name.
4. All about my babysitter: I created this free printable “All about my babysitter” sheet so that we could our favorite sitters gifts we know she would love! You can get the free printable babysitter sheet here.
5. Paying a babysitter: Once you find a few (or 10) good babysitters, paying them has never been easier. I use Square Cash to pay sitters. If you hook Square Cash up to your debit card there are no fees and the app is free to download on iOS and Android phones. You can download Square Cash from the Apple App Store or Google Play Market.
I’d love some more babysitter finding tips? Where else do y’all find the good ones? As far as payment goes, it can’t get any easier than downloading Square Cash! Find out more about Square Cash on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Square, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine.