Rachel of Lines Across launched Let’s Wrap Stuff a few months ago! It’s a website devoted to really awesome DIY gift wrap ideas. To celebrate its launch, Rachel challenged a group of bloggers to come up with a creative gift wrap idea using plain ol’ kraft paper or brown paper bags. Check out all 24 brown paper gift wrap ideas below, and get ready for the easiest gift wrapping idea ever! And not only easy, but free! Well, assuming you have brown paper bags at home. I’m seriously pretty excited about this one. Check out this cuteness:
I start with a stack of these:
And then cut off the bottoms and the handles. Then my secret trick to cute brown paper bag wrapping: Crumple! Put the kiddos on cutting the bags flat and crumple duty. Max happily helped with the crumple part!
Then wrap up the package like normal, I used Scotch double sided tape! Now it’s time for the fun part… doodle on bows and gift tags with a plain black Sharpie! I used a thin black Sharpie too. Talk about easy! And no need for gift tags.
And here are 23 more awesome brown bag gift wrapping ideas! The list at the bottom corresponds to each picture, so you can hop from blog to blog for tons of great wrapping ideas!
1. Pom Pom Ice Cream Cone Gift Wrap by Let’s Wrap Stuff
2. Embroidered Wrapping Paper by Lines Across
3. Holiday Lights Gift Wrap by Burlap and Blue
4. Printable DIY Watercolor Gift Tags by Dawn Nicole
5. Chalkboard Painted Wrapping Paper by The Winthrop Chronicles
6. Let it Snow Neighbor Gift Printable by Ginger Snap Crafts
7. Upcycled Cardboard Gift Tags 3 Ways by Eat. Sleep. Make.
8. Kraft Paper Gift Card Envelope Printables by Delia Creates
9. Make + Give Christmas Tree Gift Topper by Make and Tell
10. DIY Wrench Wrapping Paper by Maker Mama
11. DIY Stamped Trees Gift Wrap by Shaken Together Life
12. Brown Paper Packages by Delineate Your Dwelling
13. Yarn Tassel Gift Wrap 2 Ways by Hands Occupied
14. Holiday Writing with Washi Tape by Club Chica Circle
15. Glitter-Dipped Gift Tags by The Thinking Closet
16. Coffee Container Christmas Gift Tags by Simply Kelly Designs
17. Gift Wrapping Ideas by C.R.A.F.T.
18. Holiday Gift Wrap Ideas by Making Home Base
19. Sewn Brown Paper Gift Card Gift Giving by Dream a Little Bigger
20. Chalkboard Gift Tag & Ornament by Tried and True
21. Easy Holly Ornament Gift Tag by Rae Gun Ramblings
22. Printable Hand-Lettered Christmas Tags by Persia Lou
23. Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas by Eighteen25
24. Washi Tape Christmas Tree Gift Card Box by That’s What Che Said
Comments & Reviews
Melissa French, The More With Less Mom says
I love this, it’s so cute! Thanks for posting. Hello from Totally Terrific Tuesday.
This is such a cute idea for wrapping paper! Pinned and shared! Thanks for linking up at Totally Terrific Tuesday! I featured your project this week..wahoo 🙂 Cant wait to see what you bring this week! Hope you enjoyed your holiday!
What a clever idea. This is so great for the kids to be involved with. They could even color them. So much fun.
Thanks for sharing at Turn It Up Tuesday,
Super cute!! Looking forward to checking out the rest of the ideas, too. I love how creative this is!
super cute and clever wrapping idea!!
stop by and chat ♥ http://storybookapothecary.com
These are great! What a fun idea.
I received a couple packages that I was told not to open and just wrap and this was exactly what I did. Such a great idea!
Rachel (Let's Wrap Stuff) says
I’m a little obsessed with these Jamie! I love how crinkly the paper is and how all you used is a sharpie! Thanks for sharing and for being a part of the series!
[email protected] says
Love this idea … and we have colored sharpies.
Sounds strange, but I’d better start leaving my recyclable bags at home for Christmas!