We all have that one person on our list that is impossible to shop for, right?
For me, it is my best friend, Tina. She lives in New York City and loves fancy things I can’t afford, like Chanel bags. What’s a friend to do for her 30th birthday?
For Tina’s 30th birthday gift, I decided to make a leather bound book all about her from everyone she loves! The group gift worked out so well, that I have since made 8 group books for friends and family members milestone events.
This group gift idea works well for almost any occasion:
- 40th, 50th birthday gift ideas
- Wedding gift from bridesmaids
- Anniversary gift to a couple
- Mother’s Day gift from all of the kids
- Co-workers last day
- End of the year gift for teachers
- Baby shower gift for mom to be
Best Group Gift Idea Ever
How to make the best group gift ever
Step 1 – Make a list of questions
I have found the 3-5 questions works best. The questions will be different depending on the type of event, but here are a few of my favorite questions.
Questions or a wedding book
- How did you meet Bethany?
- What is your funniest memory with Bethany?
- What is your favorite thing about Bethany?
- What is your favorite thing about Carlos?
- What words of wisdom do you have for the Bethany and Carols?
Questions for a milestone birthday book
- How did you meet Tina?
- What is your funniest memory with Tina?
- What is Tina’s best quality?
- What is your advice for Tina’s 30th birthday?
Questions for an anniversary book
- How did you meet person 1 and person 2?
- What is your most fun memory with person 1 and person 2?
- What is your favorite things about person 1 and person 2?
- What are your words of wisdom for the happy couple
Step 2- Email friends and family
Step 3- Creating the book
A Few Things to Remember
- Start this process with plenty of time before the event. I like to give people at least 2 weeks to respond.
- If you are brand new to making photo books online, give yourself plenty of time to create the book.
- After the book is created, it takes a few days for it to be made and shipped.
- The moral of the story is you need time to make the best group gift ever!
I made a fun little card with my PSA Stamps that everyone signed too. Each of the stamps represented one of the bridesmaids… I was pretty proud of my giant sparkly, diamond ring. (I made it with a bangle!)
What do you think? Do you have a go to group gift idea? Would you enjoy this kind of gift? I’d love to hear…