Bon Voyage, 2o17! It was…an intersting year to say the least. Thankfully, I have two healthy little nuggets and they make most things sweeter and happier. As far as blogging goes, it was a steady year. I’ve certainly had more exciting years of blogging, like being on the Meredith Viera show, writing a book, being in People magazine, or belly rubs from Buffy was up there on my list of awesome! But, generally speaking, I feel thankful.
Thankful for you, for this blog, for the brands that trust me to create content, and for this crazy career that started from this silly little blog post about a blank canvas that oddly (or not!) enough has since been repainted 5+ times! The same canvas that started this blog was painted for our efficiency apartment in Florida, used in the gender reveal for my daughter and then painted by my kids with paint filled syringes and spray bottles!
Top 17 C.R.A.F.T. Posts of 2017
1. 44 DIY Adult Costumes: 351,255 page views–This post has now ranked as the most viewed post on C.R.A.F.T. for 6 years in a row! DIY Halloween costumes are clearly a winner around these parts! Did you see Andy and I as double stuffed Oreos complete with milk headbands this year? Between the 4 of us, we had a total of 5 Halloween costume changes in 2017!
2. 100 Clever Valentine Day Sayings: 195,519 page views–This post has held the #2 spot for 4 years in a row now! I love lists and cheesy sayings, so I’m a big fan of this post too! I’m excited to give this post a big juicy update in 2018 and add (fingers crossed) add 50 more cheesy puns! Here are the Valentine sayings paired with free printables from the past: Share the Love 2013, Share the Love 2014, Share the Love 2015, Share the Love 2016, and Share the Love 2017) The big Valentine winner in 2017, was the “Love is in the Air” free printable with a balloon!
3. 23 Creative Ways to Wrap Christmas Money: 104,273 page views– This post is staying steady at number 3 for the 2nd year in a row. The toilet paper was a winner at my families annual white elephant gift exchange again this year!
4. 19 Easy DIY Adult Costumes: 100,644 page views–This post did not make the top 15 last year, so I’m pretty shocked that it took the #4 spot on the list this year! Although, I’m not entirely surprised because DIY adult Halloween costumes are a fave, and this post is a round up of many of my easiest costume ideas, like a family of Waldos, a tourist, bank robber and The Village People!
5. 25 Gender Reveal Party Ideas: 80,623 page views– This post went up in page views, but stayed at #5 on the most viewed posts list. Gender reveal party ideas have been in the top 10 posts for 4 years. Do y’all remember my piñata reveal for Max and the paint filled egg throwing reveal for Mila?
6. 25 Unique Guest Book Ideas: Guest books moved up from 9 to 4 on the most read C.R.A.F.T. posts! One of my all time favorite DIY guest book ideas are these wooden blocks turned guest book from my baby shower with Maxwell.
7. Homemade Animal Costumes: This makes the 3rd DIY halloween costume post in the most read posts on C.R.A.F.T. list! I love it! You do know I have another blog 100% dedicated to handmade costumes, right? It’s called Really Awesome Costumes, check it out! This year the only animal costumes I made this year was a cardboard shark, and Mila wore a hand me down fish. My kids are still playing with the shark!
8. 31 Trunk or Treat Decorating Ideas: And here is #4 Halloween related post to make the top 10 list, ha! This post is up from #14 on the list in 2016. I hope one day we are invited to a trunk or treat so we can make are car into a toaster or candy land. Until then I’ll just ogle at all of the fun ideas!
9. 32 DIY Ugly Christmas Sweaters: Ugly sweaters are basically Halloween costumes for Christmas time! So I’m not the least bit shocked that this post made the list this year. My pregnant snow lady costume and my full body candy cane costume tie for favorite/ most ridiculous ugly Christmas sweater costume idea!
10. 16 Tips for Traveling with a Baby (via airplane): Little kiddos and travel is so much fun, said no parent ever! I’ve done a fair amount of traveling alone with a baby and with Andy and 2 kids. If you’re about to fly with a baby don’t miss tip #16 with my genius rattle idea! Also, if you have a toddler, here are the toddler airplane tips and tricks!
11. How to Make Slime: This is the only post written in 2017 on the list! Slime is super cool right now, and my 3 year old is totally on board with the fad. Slime is awesome because you really only need 3 things to make it and you likely have them all on hand right now: glue, contact solution, and baking soda. Max and I made extra fluffy snowman slime with cotton balls a few weeks ago and it was a big hit too!
12. 28 Ugly Christmas Sweater Party Ideas: Just in case you need some ugly Christmas sweater ornaments made with adorable hangers made out of paper clips or perhaps a few ugly sweaters for your wine bottles you’re in luck!
Thank you for reading C.R.A.F.T. I seriously could not do this without you. Cheers to a happy, healthy 2018!