This is not a hint, let me repeat, this is not a hint! I am not pregnant or trying to get pregnant. Two kiddos is about all this mama can handle! With that out of the way, finding out the sex of your baby is such a fun surprise and sharing it with friends and family is even better. I updated the collection of 25 clever gender reveal party ideas to ensure that all the crafty goodness you could want in a gender reveal are in place. If you’re on the baby train, congrats! If you haven’t told anyone the news yet, check out this post with 25 ways to announce your pregnancy on social media.
25 Gender Reveal Party Ideas:
1. Use silly string as an interactive way to share the big news! Just cover bottles of blue or pink bottles of silly string with kraft paper to keep the big news a secret. This is genius for sharing the news with older siblings.
3. My friend, Annie, blew blue confetti to share that she was having a boy on facebook!
4. For my daughters gender reveal, my friend Annie hollowed out eggs, spray painted them black and filled them with pink paint for us to throw at a canvas! I was 99% sure I was having another boy so this was a huge surprise and such a fun way to find out the sex! We also have a giant canvas as a souvenir from the event.
5. We were extra ambitious with my son’s gender reveal, like I said above we rented a cotton candy machine, but we also had a surprise lantern filled with blue confetti.
6. This is similar to the cotton candy idea in that your guests to get predict if it’s a boy or a girl! The saying is adorable and the mustache ad lips make for a silly picture. See more details from this gender reveal party at Family Mattos.
7. You can never go wrong with an old school photo strip and balloons.
8. Fill a cardboard box with pink or blue balloons and un wrap the biggest and best present ever. The surprise box makes for great pictures too. See all of the details on Tania Davis Photography.
9. a sweet treat that doubles as the big reveal… genius! Get the full gender reveal cookie recipe on Sweet Sugarbelle.
10. The “what are you craving” treat bar is a clever way to share the guest of honors current favorite things! It can also double as a fun way for guests to predict the sex of the baby. See all of the details on Paging Supermom.
11. Craft up boy and girl pins and allow your guests to predict the gender with flair! See all of the details on Paging Supermom.
12. I think the volcano wins for telling older siblings the sex of the baby in mama’s baby, don’t you think? See the full gender reveal tutorial on Teaching Mama.
13. Confetti is always a good idea! Craft up confetti poppers with this tutorial from Paging Supermom.
14. Pink and blue lemonade is a fun touch to a gender reveal party! Sarah also used pink and blue chocolate covered pretzels and He/She Hershey bars as party favors. See all of the gender reveal party details at Repeat Crafter Me.
15. Let the littles un wrap a gift with either a pink or blue outfit inside to share the sex of the new baby! All of the details on Repeat Crafter Me.
16. A gender reveal cake does not get much cuter than this simple layered cake filled with blue M&M’s. Get the complete recipe on Betty Crocker.
17. Get the party buzzing with excitement and host a “What’s it gonna bee” gender reveal party with every detail planned out by Grey Grey Designs.
18. Here’s another cute photo op idea, have the guests dress in either pink or blue. See the adorable pink picture at Sadie James Photography.
19. The gender reveal scratch off card is the best kind of lottery ticket, you’ve got a 50/50 chance of winning and either way it’s exciting! You can buy gender reveal scratch off cards on etsy from Enchanting By Design.
20. You can not go wrong with a box of balloons. Just make sure the balloons have helium and are tied to something heavy so they don’t float away. All of the surprise box gender reveal details at East Coast Creative.
21. Use mardi gras beads for guests to predict the sex of the baby. Plus I love a good rhyming sign! All of the details on 1 Thing 1 Week.
22. A question mark piñata is the ultimate interactive gender reveal game and it’s fun for all ages! See all of the details onAll Thing Katie Marie.
23. Document the accuracy (or in accuracy) of old wives tales and your pregnancy for all to see at your gender reveal party. Lots more cute party details at All Thing Katie Marie.
24. Delicious and adorable, these gender reveal cookies are sure to be a hit. Check out the full recipe at Craft Storming.
25. This homemade play dough reveal pink or blue after being massaged. How fun is that? Check out all of the details at I Can Teach My Child.
What do you think about the whole gender reveal party thing? Did you do it? Would you do it? Too much? Oh and if you are planning on having a baby shower, here are 6 fun baby shower games you won’t want to miss.