Baby shower games and activities are a great way to get a party started. After hosting many baby showers, I’ve discovered 10 really awesome, fun baby shower games and activities that everyone is guaranteed to enjoy.
10 Fun Baby Shower Games
1. Who’s Who
I love this game especially when it’s a group of people who already know many of the people invited. Seeing each others baby pictures is always a great conversation starter. There are a few ways to prepare this baby shower game.
- Guests brings pictures: I’ve done it where I asked the invitees to bring their baby picture to the event in an envelope with their name on it. In this case, I prepared a cute hanging post for all of the baby pictures to be easily hung up upon arrival. (See the picture below.)
- Guests email pictures: I’ve also done it by asking people to email me a picture and then print the baby pictures out so that you can have it all prepared before hand
- Interactive activity: Another way to do this game is to set everything up with one of the above methods, and then leave the answers out. I like this because it takes pressure off of the hostess and is a great conversation starter.
2. Who did it?
Who did it is one of my favorite baby shower games. This game can also be set up to be played as a large group or as a self checking activity for guests to look at on their own. If played as a large group, the game is super simple. The host prepares a list of cute things the parents to be did as children. Each item is read from the list one at a time, and the guests have to decide if it was parent A or parent B. You might learn things like who tried to hijack tooth fairy money from under their sister’s pillow!
To prepare this game it is essential to get the grand parents of the baby to be involved. Create a list of questions to ask both sets of grandparents. The list can include things like:
- Tell me a funny story about Baby Jamie.
- What 3 adjectives would you use to describe Baby Jamie?
- Did baby Jamie have a favorite stuffed animal or lovey?
3. Mix & Match Faces
To play this baby shower game, you’ll need a few close up picture of the parents to be faces. Depending on the size of the shower, print out a few copies of each picture. Then, cut the pictures up so that you have multiple eyes, noses, mouths, chins, and hair. To set up, places all of the picture pieces in one basket and fill another basket with clear tape and a pen so that guests can write their names on the back of their creation. The parents to be will pick their favorite face and the winner gets a prize!
For the onesie making station you’ll need plain white onesies in different sizes and cute iron on patches. Have an iron or 2 on hand for guests to iron the patches onto the white onesies. As guests finish up their onesie, hang them up on a clothesline to add to the decor! Bonus: Mom to be gets lots of cute baby clothes created by people she loves.
This baby shower activity doubles as a guest book and a toy for the new baby. We used these wooden blocks and paint pens from Amazon. Don’t forget to set up simple instructions so the activity can be completed at any time. We displayed the instructions on the butcher paper tablecloth we used. Here are the instructions we used
- Pick a block.
- Pick a letter A-Z.
- Draw your letter on one side, a picture that begins with that letter on another side, and a word that begins with that letter on another side.
6. Play Doh Babies
For this baby shower activity you’ll need Play- Doh and cupcake liners to display the babies. Ask each guest to write their name on the bottom of the cupcake liner and place their Play Doh baby creation inside the liner. The guest of honor will pick their favorite baby and the winer gets a prize!
Free Printable Baby Shower Games
The last 4 baby shower games on the list come with free printables.
I used this baby shower book quiz at a B is for baby, boy, and book themed baby shower. But, kid books are fun for any shower theme! (Find the answers to the quiz in this baby shower post.)
How to download the free printable baby book quiz:
To download the free baby book quiz printable, just enter your name and email address below and the free file will be delivered to your inbox!
8. Mad Libs
Who doesn’t love mad libs? It’s fun, and doubles as a keepsake for the guest of honor. The mad lib is silly, but also has spots to fill in important things like what day will the baby be born and how much will he/she would weigh. Download the free mad lib printable at C.R.A.F.T.
This is another fun baby shower game (or activity) for guests to fill out and color. There is a black and white and a colored version. I printed out the black and white one and had tons of colored pens on the table for guests to use. I also love it because the guest of honor is able to gather personal recommendations from her friends on baby music, books, and even predictions. It’s a fun alternative to a guest book!
10. A photo booth
Set up a simple photo booth with burlap from the fabric store and free printable photo props. Have a friend be the photographer or even let people take their own pics! Here are more cute pics from the burlap backed and chalk sign photo booth and a link to free printable photo booth props!
If you’re planning a baby shower, here a few cute theme ideas:
- Modern twinkle twinkle little star
- Modern black and white baby shower
- Little man baby shower
- Beach inspired baby shower
- Vintage bird baby shower
- B is for baby, book, brunch shower
- 28 Unique guest book ideas
Which baby shower game is your favorite? Do you have any other must play baby shower games? I’d love to hear…