I attended an awesome 80’s prom bash fundraiser,
complete with a silent auction and prom pictures!
It was so fun, I want to throw my own version…here is the 80’s party round up:
1. 80’s cupcakes @ Suite 106
2. What to wear for an 80’s party
Raid your parents closet and then check out Good Will!!
3. Best 80’s Party Music
Here are the top 10
- 1. Bon Jovi / “Livin’ on a Prayer” (1986)
- 2. Def Leppard / “Pour Some Sugar On Me” (1987)
- 3. Duran Duran / “Hungry Like the Wolf” (1982)
- 4. Michael Jackson / “Billie Jean” (1982)
- 5. Prince / “When Doves Cry” (1984)
- 6. Hall & Oates / “I Can’t Go For That (No Can Do)” (1981)
- 7. Guns N’ Roses / Sweet Child O’ Mine (1987)
- 8. Madonna / “Like a Virgin” (1984)
- 9. Run-D.M.C. / “Walk This Way” (1986)
- 10. AC/DC / “You Shook Me All Night Long” (1980)
4. Decor Ideas @ Kara’s Party Ideas
- Spray paint cassette and VHS tapes neon colors and hang everywhere
- 80’s candy [poprocks, bazooka gum with comic strips in each wrapper, flinstone candy sticks, tom & jerry candy, and scooby doo candy packs]
- sun glass table for dress up and photo-ops!
- Balloon photo back drop- It’s made out of PVC piping and balloons attached with two foil curtains from Oriental Trading
5. Invitations @ Kara’s Party Ideas
She put the invite inside the neon wallet along with an uno card. The invite read, “uno you wanna’ be cool, right? so totally come to celebrate the year of ben’s birth! it’s a radical 80’s birthday party! come ready to have a tubular time! don’t give any bogus excuse! dress in your 80’s getup and be the bombdigity!” She even had an 80’s friendship bracelet tied around the wallet with the recipients name. FUN!
And there you have it… an awesome 80’s inspired par-tay!
Comments & Reviews
Suddenly, I have the urge to play Ms. Pacman 🙂
Dina's Days says
THis is genius!!! I just died when I saw the wallets and cupcakes. A tetris cupcake! Are you kidding me. I must must do this!