Note: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Dr. Smith’s. All opinions are 100% mine.
My baby is 20 months old, y’all! And Baby Girl will be here in less than 3 months. Casa de Dorobek gets crazier by the day, seriously! So let’s talk about keeping babies happy, shall we? I put together a list of 21 baby games that are easy to “play” and require minimal accessories. I can testify to that fact that Maxwell loves them all! I want to make sure that we don’t forget about any of these silly games when baby girl arrives!
1. Bees: As soon as Max hears the “Bzzzz” sound the giggles begin! I’ll do a short “Bzzz” with just a one finger tickle and then lead up to a big 2 hand “bzzzz” tickle session. Loves. It. Every. Time.
2. Thunder steps: Take a few extra loud steps towards Max, and he’s all smiles! This typically leads to a chase or the bee’s or even just a big hug.
3. Toe nibbles: Typically before or after a diaper change, I get a few little delicious bites of toe. He loves it. Sometimes counting them first, sometimes clapping them, but always ending with nibbles!
4. Magic button: He thinks his belly button is the greatest thing ever. One press of the “magic button” and he’s hysterical.
5. “Corn on the cob”: This is a good one for right after a few thunder steps. I ask Max, “Can I have some corn on the cob?” And then proceed to pick him up baby style and nibble/ blow raspberries on his belly. He really likes it when one parent asks the other parent if he would like some corn on the cob too!
6. Where is Maxwell? Where is Mama?: AKA: Peek-a Boo! We often play this with a hat that hangs in the gallery wall over his changing table. It can also be played with hands only or hiding behind a couch or counter.
7. On your mark, Get set, Go: If Max is being a little grumpy, just stop and say, “On your mark” Max proceeds to back up, stick out his leg and prepares for a running hug! This might be my favorite game!
8. Bubbles: Max finds bubble blowing hilarious! The bigger the better, and he loves to pop them with his finger!
9. Crafting: Crafting runs in the family! Two of our favorite crafts are scribbling with chalk outside and no mess painting!
10. Dance Parties: Max loves anything with a solid beat. The kiddo has some awesome moves!
I asked Andy how he likes to make Maxwell laugh, and he literally spat off these 10 games off in 30 seconds. Some of Andy’s games are a little rougher than mine, but Max loves to play with Dada!
11. Toss: A toss or 7 in the air is a sure fire way to get a Max baby to smile! This is a game we use if we are trying to get a cute pic! (Christmas pictures?!)
12. Chase: This is always a winner. A few thunder steps, and a chase around the couch equals happy Max overload! He loved this game when he was just crawling too!
13. Scare: Andy loves to scare Max! And Max finds it hysterical. We have lots of doorways, so Andy crouches down right behind a doorway and jumps out at Max when he walks through.
14. Leap frog: This is another Andy invention! Basically anytime Max is standing up, just say “ribbit” and hop over him, touching his head, and leaping over him like you’re a frog!
15. Funny face: Andy invented this when when Max was around a year old. Funny face= squished up nose, eyes, and lips. Now days, all you have to do is say “funny face”, and he makes the face and laughs!
16. Piggy back rides: Just hop on one of our backs and add a little bounce equals smiles 100% of the time!
17. Animal noises: Monkey noises were what prompted Maxwell give us his first laugh at 2 months old, and he still loves making and hearing all animal noises!
18. Pillow tackle: This is part of Andy and Max’s nightly routine. After Max’s shower, he hangs out on our bed where Andy tackles him with pillows. It’s kind of like bumper babies, they both have pillows in their hands and run into each other. Occasionally throwing a pillow and laughing and squealing hysterically. Maxwell, has brought this game to the living room too. If he wants me to play with him, he tosses all of the couch pillows on a pile in the middle of the floor, ha!
19. Head plows: Andy and Max take turns plowing their heads into the other’s belly. Love watching this baby game!
20. Ghost: This baby game started as part of the pillow tackle, but as morphed into it’s own game. Basically instead of throwing a pillow, Andy throws one of Max’s blankies over his head and Max proceeds to make ghost noises, falls down, and laughs!
21. Mop the floor: This works really well on wood floors, Max lies on his back and Andy pulls him all over the house! Now, if only I could seriously attach a mop, ha!
Keeping baby happy is not all about the games, Max is not a happy camper if he’s got diaper rash. To keep Max happy from head to toe, we use Dr. Smith’s Diaper Rash Spray. It’s a pediatrician developed formula, and a favorite of parents. It also comes highly recommended by nurses and nurse practitioners. Diaper Rash Spray is a unique delivery of the effective zinc oxide ointment, and I really love that the Diaper Rash Spray is touch-free and does not need to be rubbed in. It’s also reassuring to know that Dr. Smith’s has been a beloved brand of parents for 50 years! It is now available across the country, and can be purchased in-store and online at Target, Babies R Us, Buy Buy Baby as well as many drug, convenience and grocery stores.
Do you have any other fun, silly, easy games to add to our list? I’d love to hear…