Our sweet baby turned one a week ago today! I’m working on the party post, but today I’ve got the 7-12 month update. (Here is the 0-6 month update.) A little note about the monthly pictures: All of the backdrops for his monthly pictures are from around our house. Month 1, 6, and 9 are the front and back of the quilt I made for Andy many moons ago. Months 2 and 5 are rugs. Month 3 is blanket. Months 4 and 7 are random pieces of fabric. For months 10, 11, 12 there was no way I was going to get Maxwell to lay on his back, so we ended up taking his picture on the bathroom counter and on the floor in his room!
- He pulls up on everything and crawls really well!
- He loves to swing in the baby swings at the park.
- Started saying, “Dadadadadadadada” non stop.
- He had his first taste of real food, sweet potatoes… not a fan!
- Maxwell says, “Mamamamamamamamma” I wish I was convinced he was putting the words with my face, but I don’t think so.
- We went to Comfort, TX for a family vacation!
- Maxwell took his first bubble bath. He was so impressed!
- He wasn’t super into presents, he really didn’t even care about the paper or wrapping.
- His first tooth (upper right) came in!
- Finally decided he liked food. Loves bananas and cinnamon and these pouches!
- He took his first step!
- He stood up from a squat in the middle of the room.
- Ramped up the baby proofing in Casa de Dorobek, here’s a handy checklist!
- Maxwell went to Colorado for New Years.
- He took 16 steps while we were on vacation!
- He got 3 more teeth this month.
- We took him to the pet store to see fish, dogs, cats, and birds! Birds were his favorite.
- Maxwell loves to slide at the park!
- He waves “bye bye” to dad in the morning. And at night before bed.
- Loves food! Beans, banana, yogurt, and zucchini are some of his favorites.
- He is now walking more than he crawls!
- Maxwell dances when certain songs are played. Specifically, Old McDonald on his toy tractor.
- Maxwell helped Andy and I celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary with a weekend road trip to Kerrville!
- Maxwell gives high fives!
- Waves “bye bye” to everyone.
- He loves all kinds of food including strawberries, chicken, peas, applesauce, broccoli, quinoa, but he does not like tuna!
- He likes to feed me his food!
- He tried a donut for the first time, he was not impressed.
- Maxwell and I went to Florida for a long weekend with friends. He loved the splash pad!
- Had his one year photo shoot with Laura Morsman! (She’s also the one that took these adorable pictures!) The picture below is from that shoot, and I will share more soon. Shocker, but I love every last one of his pictures.
I’m going to share his one year photo shoot and birthday extravaganza soon! Maxwell, we are so happy we get to be your parents! We love you a bajillion and one. And thank YOU for following along, and being a part of our adventure 🙂