Note: This post contains affiliate links. This just means I receive a small commission from your sign up! Thank you for helping me to keep the Really Awesome Fun Things coming!
I was lucky enough to attend the Stitch Fix Tastemakers Event at their headquarters in San Francisco. Not only did I fall in love with Stitch Fix as a personal stylist service, but the people behind the company are pretty awesome too! Even their warehouse is a happy place, see #2 on the list! All of the pictures below are from the photo shoot we did on day 2 of the Tastemakers Event. Let’s be real, y’all know I’m no fashionista, these looks are all thanks to Stitch Fix clothes, stylists, and hair and make up artists. (Just for fun here is a post I write back in 2011 about what I wear every day, ha!) So that y’all could get a feel for prices and brands that Stitch Fix works with, I included prices and names of each Stitch Fix piece under each picture.
If you’ve never heard of Stitch Fix, here’s the low down: Stitch Fix is a personal styling service for men and women tailored to your taste, budget, and lifestyle. Getting started is super simple. Just stop by stitchfix.com and create your free style profile. Then whenever you’re ready, schedule your first fix. For a $20 styling fee, you will be matched with a personal stylist who will review your style profile and hand-select five items just for you. Shipping is always free and you have the freedom to try on the items in the comfort of your own home and mix the pieces with clothes you already own. You have three days to return any unwanted items in the pre-paid shipping envelope that comes free with your fix, keep the items that you love, and check out online. The $20 styling fee will automatically be deducted from the price of any items you choose to keep.
14 Things you did not know about Stitch Fix:
1. Stitch Fix is all about that… math! You thought I was going to say fashion, didn’t you? (Or for the nerds out there, data analytics and algorithms.) It was interesting to me to learn how Stitch Fix uses my answers from my style profile and the check out process to improve my next Fix for me (and you). Stitch Fix inputs tons of data into their fancy algorithms and my personal stylist uses the data (and her human touch) to make our next Fix more awesome! Stitch Fix actually has a whole blog dedicated to their nerdy side!
2. Stitch Fix currently has 5 warehouses to store all of the goods. The fun part? Each one has a nickname. The warehouse we toured in San Francisco is called The Hizzy! The warehouse in Dallas is nicknamed The Dizzy. You get the point. The warehouse in San Francisco is the original and the smallest of the 5 warehouses. My very favorite thing, The Hizzy houses an extra large robot made out of cardboard boxes, just for fun!
3. Stitch Fix delivers to any United States mailing address, including APO, FPO and DPO addresses. And they ship to all U.S. territories, including the US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and Guam.
4. Stitch Fix has maternity clothes! And trained stylist to help you look your best from 1st trimester to post baby bump. I can also vouch for their nursing friendly clothes, just make sure your stylist is aware of your situation.
5. Stitch Fix is only 5 years old. It’s birthday is on 2-14-2011. How sweet is that?
6. Every Fix is like a snowflake! Seriously, they have shipped more than 1 million Fixes and no two are identical!
7. Stitch Fix works with 200+ brands to bring us a huge variety of on trend pieces perfectly picked for each individual. Oh and many of the brands make exclusive styles and pieces just for Stitch Fix based on all of that fancy data I talked about in #1.
8. If you love your stylist, you can request him or her again and again! Or if you ready to switch things up and get a new perspective, you can always ask for a new stylist.
9. On the stylist note, Stitch Fix employs 3,000 + stylists! Austin happens to be one of the 7 hubs for Stitch Fix stylists, so many of my mom friends are part time stylists. I love that the part time stylist position gives my mama friends a flexible, work from anywhere, creative outlet, and provides income for their families. Stitch Fix basically invented a new kind of job for moms like me!
10. Did you know that if you buy all five items you get 25% off your entire purchase! True!
11. The most beloved Stitch Fix piece to date? A closet staple striped tee called The Corinna!
12. Katrina Lake founded Stitch Fix while she was a student at Harvard Business School. She’s only 33 years old and just had her first baby which is why we did not get to meet her at the event. Congrats, Katrina!
13. Stitch Fix also develops in house brands. If you have received a few Fixes, you’ve likely seen something from 41Hawthorn, one of the exclusive Stitch Fix brands. It’s fun to note that 41Hawthorn is actually where Stitch Fix all began in Katrina’s San Francisco apartment 5 years ago. Market & Spruce is another in house brand you’ve likely seen before. The vest below is Market & Spruce. At the event, we designed 2 pieces for the spring line so look for the “Amelie” and “Rose” in your spring Fixes!
14. Stitch Fix just launched for men! And yes, Andy signed up. Honestly, I started filling out his profile for him. He was sitting next to me and I would just ask him for sizes, but about 10 minutes in he took the computer from me and was clicking away. One of the last questions is 28 small pictures of men in outfits and you simply click the ones you would wear. Andy clicked on 12 of the 28 pictures. It was interesting because he typically wears one style, a t-shirt and jeans. I had no idea he was interested in so many other styles. I’m not going to lie, I’m pretty excited for him to get his first Fix!
So, there are 14 fun facts about Stitch Fix! Who knew that so much math was involved for picking out clothes for people? If you have any other questions about Stitch Fix or how it works, I’m happy to answer any questions. Oh and my friend, Maria, who has received over 50 Fixes, wrote an article with 5 tips for getting the best clothes from Stitch Fix! A really great read especially if you’re new to Stitch Fix!