It is time to start planning your Halloween costume! I love the idea of including my baby, but that also makes the whole costume thing even trickier. As a new mama, making sure your infant is safe, close to you and has a cute costume seems like a daunting task. Not to worry, there are tons of creative baby carrier costume ideas out there!
14 DIY Baby Carrier Costumes
1. Did you miss sushi while you were pregnant? Get your sushi fix and more with a sushi baby carrier costume. Make one for your self with complete instructions from One Crafty Thing.
2. An astronaut, a rocket ship, and a futuristic Mama… this baby carrier costume is out of this world!
3. This one is for the whole family, buttery popcorn and a pair of ushers. The popcorn baby beanie is the best! And the baby carrier cover was made with felt and a hot glue gun. See the full tutorial from This Place is Now a Home.
4. Does it get any cuter than Daddy Luke Skywalker and Baby Yoda? See more pictures and details at Benzilla.
6. Dress up as Rosie the Riveter because everyone already knows you are a hard working mom! Costume details at Carry Me Away.
7. Include the whole family and dress up with a firefighter theme complete with baby carrier dalmatian. Find all of the costume details at Family Life in LV.
8. How about this precious chef and lobster idea? Costume details from This Charming Life, and fun to note that the lobster costume was actually a store bought costume or a small dog!
9. Now, lets be honest- are you a helicopter mom? Might as well embrace it and dress up like one! Make you own helicopter from a cardboard box with the tutorial from Katie Van Brunt.
10. You can always go with the Peter Pan theme, check out this cute family complete with a Peter Pan baby carrier costume! Costume details at My Life as a Lawyers Wife.
11. Is your baby as cute as a mouse? Dress them up as one! See this simple DIY at Happy Baby Wrap.
12. If you’re looking for the element of scare this Halloween, recreate this shark attack and scuba diver! See the full tutorial from Today’s Parent.
13. Little Shop of Horrors was a 1960’s film based on an off Broadway musical, and this dad rocked venus fly trap baby carrier costume. (Image via StashLeeve on Instagram.)
14. Most babies like to hold on to their mamas like a little koala bear, so this costume is perfect! To add a baby carrier, just use brown felt and green leaves to match Mom’s costume! See the baby koala bear and tree costume details at C.R.A.F.T.
What is your favorite baby carrier costume? I hope you and your sweet baby have a blast dressing up for Halloween.