It’s wedding week over at the Country Chic Cottage, and since Andy and I’s one year anniversary was a week ago (2-22-2012), I decided it would be fun to reminisce and put together a little round up of DIY wedding ideas. If you’re new here, Andy and I moved from Texas to Florida in January 2012. We’ve since moved back to TX, we’re crazy like that! We got married in our Florida living, days after we moved, with only 4 guests. Lots more on my unique wedding here:
- Engagement announcement
- Part 1– Engagement part and the 1st dress
- Part 2– Final wedding dress and another bachelorette party
- Part 3– Invites, decor, and food
- Part 4– Bands and ceremony
- DIY thank you cards
- how to change your last name
- simple wedding scrapbook
I’ve also had the privilege of being in the maid of honor in 4 weddings, so I’ve been involved in some fancy, crafty shin digs too (unlike mine)!
1. DIY Invites
2. Super simple wedding decor: The decor for our love celebration was totally free. I made a simple banner with card stock, and added flowers to mason jars we already had on hand.
3. Unique flower bouquet: This was my high school BFF’s bouquet, Annie. She added pictures of her dad and grandparents so they could walk down the aisle together. Super sweet.
4. Use bridesmaids bouquets as reception centerpieces. This was also Annie’s genius. When the bridesmaids walked in, we plopped our pretty bouquets in a simple glass vase. Instant pretty centerpieces!
5. Here’s a fun tradition Annie and I found on ol’ internet back in the day, and she used the Turkish tradition at her wedding. All of the bridesmaids sign the brides shoe, the last name remaining will be the next to be married. Fun! You can see my purposely placed name on the ball of the shoe, I thought that spot was for sure to be danced away (I was not ready to get married in 2008)!
6. How to save your wedding cards… All you need is foam board, and XACTO, and binder rings!
7. Flower girl box: Clearly, Annie’s wedding was really cute! Annie had 3 flower girls at her wedding, an older one, and 2 littles. Here’s the adorable flower box the older flower girl carried.
8. DIY Thank you cards: Make personalized thank you cards on your computer and have them printed on nice paper at your local printer.
9. How to change your last name (and should you)? It’s a lot trickier and takes a heck of a lot longer than I thought!
10. This is the most important lesson I’ve learned of my wedding attending life. Please read how to write a wedding speech (or any party speech for that matter)!
And there you have it, 10 simple ways to spunk up your wedding. Well, kind of. And not embarrass yourself as the maid of honor, change your last name, organize your wedding cards, and even a fun wedding tradition! Honestly, this is kind of a hodge podge post of wedding cuteness… Maybe that should have been the title? Do you have any fun, simple DIY wedding craft ideas or ways to make your wedding easier, simpler, or spunkier? I’d love to hear…
Psst… Here area few more awesome posts for people interested in a DIY wedding extravaganza!
- 16 food station ideas
- 24 more party bar/ food station ideas
- 25 unique guest book ideas
- A unique group gift for the bride (from the bridesmaids)
Leave A Reply!