The BF and I are getting hitched and moving to the Sunshine State! Crazy, right? We’re still trying to take it all in. The BF FIANCEE got a new job in Florida and we will be moving in 2012. It’s exciting/nerve racking/stressful, but every time I catch a sparkle from my left ring finger… I get giddy all over again. We’ve been twice to check out the place… I even held an alligator.
Let’s move onto the big question I’ve been hearing a lot lately:
WHEN IS THE CRAFTY, DIY, WEDDING EXTRAVAGANZA going to happen?!
I hope no one is disappointed, but I’ve never dreamed of a big fancy white wedding. It’s true. The idea sounds nice in theory. Y’all know how much I love a pretty invite, DIY bunting or the idea of a “Sew in love” wedding shower, my sister even mentioned a “Teas and Trees” theme! But, when I think about reality (I’m a logical, thrifty human by nature…I can’t help it!) I think about my full time job, principal internship, grad school (I finally graduate in December!), C.R.A.F.T., moving, selling the house… a wedding kind of freaks me out. Not to mention the idea of walking down an aisle with everyone staring at you, that makes me nervous too.
Don’t get me wrong, I really like attending other peoples weddings or even helping other brides plan and search out cuteness. But, for me, I just want to be happily, peacefully, married. Sweet and simple. (I would like a cute picture or 2!) Anyone know of a good, fun, creative photographer in South Florida? (I think that is where the official knot tying will happen…?)
5 Wedding Alternatives
1. Hometown celebration
- PROS: cuteness galore, Annie in charge with lots of help from my mom (both very crafty), lots of blog material
- CONS: expensive, no rain plan, the invite list could easily get out of hand being in my hometown.
2. Pretty courthouse
- PROS: Small, sounds simple enough
- CONS: We are moving to Florida
3. A few small celebrations
A few small celebration in different states. Officially get married in a pretty courthouse all by ourselves in Florida after we move… then celebrate in the hometown with family, Austin with friends, NYC with my girls, and maybe, just maybe a little dinner in Florida with our 4 friends there. (This one might be winning right now!)
- PROS: No planning, easy!
- CONS: This sounds stress free, right?!
Elope and go somewhere fun, just the 2 of us. Find a justice of peace to marry us in a pretty field with flowers, a big tree, and a cupcake or 2. Somewhere in California, Oregon, Nashville, Vermont… ohh maybe the Sequoia National Forrest?
- PROS: Easyiest option by far
- CONS: No celebration with friends and family
5. Free chapel in Austin
- PROS: Free chapel and use of pavilion, relatively inexpensive, sweet, simple and Austin-y
- CONS: Chapel gets booked quick, would have to be done before we move (which we are unsure of the date at the moment)
|Photo Credits: Peacock Photography|
Anyway it happens the end result = together forever… which makes me happy! At the moment, we aren’t too concerned with the process.
What was your wedding like? What you do it differently today? Are a wedding person? Are you not a wedding person? What do you think of my 5 options? I’d love to hear…
- Part 1– Engagement part and the 1st dress
- Part 2– Final wedding dress and another bachelorette party
- Part 3– Invites, decor, and food
- Part 4– Bands and ceremony
- DIY thank you cards
- How to change your last name
- Simple wedding scrapbook