UPDATE: I had a lot of requests for how we did the monthly photo shoot on white paper with a Sharpie! I spilled the beans!
My baby girl is actually 8 months old and I am just now getting around to doing a 6 month update! That pretty much sums up my life right about now. Lots of plans and to do lists, and little action. In perfect world, I’m taking time to enjoy getting to know my snuggly, curious Mila girl while embracing Maxwell’s curiosity with crafting, trips to the museum, and imaginary play. In real world, I’m cleaning lots of spit up and changing tons of diapers. Oh and watching George. We love George and Clifford. We do go on walks and play outside and snuggle sometimes. Life with 2 kiddos is a game changer, y’all! (11 tips for wrangling 2 under 2) Oh and her name is Amelia, but from day 1, Maxwell has called her Mila. So, Mila it is. If you are new here, here’s her gender reveal party, natural birth story, and their shared nursery!
- Amelia met her big brother at home the morning after she was born on 3/2/16.
- Mila took her newborn pictures. Adorableness.
- She went to her first birthday party when she was only 4 days old, and a second at 5 days old!
- Mila attended Max’s 2nd birthday party on the parking garage!
- She did her first Easter egg hunt at the neighbors and took a road trip to New Braunfels.
- Maxwell loves to crawl in your crib to see you.
- Mila attended the Art of Giving, and helped me make art with 100’s of kiddos!
- We auditioned for a pro breastfeeding commercial, we did not get the part, ha!
- We went on a family road trip to San Antonio and stayed in a fun hotel!
- Watched your first Kentucky Derby with friends!
- Mila slept through the night for a week straight.
- Smiles all the time!
- Started rolling from back to belly!
- Went on a weekend trip to meet Aunt Beanie and Charlie at Lost Pines Resort!
- Mila attended another birthday party for her BFF, Sloan, who turned one!
- Lots of giggling and smiles!
- Mila went to Canyon Lake for the 4th of July!
- She is up on all 4’s way too soon!
- Did a little staycation in Austin with friends at The Renaissance!
- Took her first trip to court with Mom for a traffic ticket.
- Took your first airplane ride to Nantucket Island for a 2 week beach trip!
- Mila’s first cousin was born. Happy birthday Baby Beck!
- Mila stood up in her crib for the first time and the crib got lowered.
- Road tripped to Port Aransas with friends for a weekend.
- Officially crawling!
- Tried her first real food, sweet potatoes. Not a fan!
- Mila sits up very well now and pulls up on everything and anything. Cribs, tables, Maxwell’s big toy trucks!
Love this baby. Y’all, she is just so sweet and cuddly and those cheeks. I can’t get enough. How did you record your babies first year in pictures?