Halloween is my favorite! Candy and DIY costumes? What is not to love? A few years ago, I accidentally made my baby 6 costumes for Halloween. I’ve rounded up 29 cute DIY kid Halloween costume ideas to make planning for Halloween a little easier.
31 DIY Halloween Costumes for Kids
2. LEGO Costume
6. Turn a diaper box into a tractor and add a little cowboy! See the step by step cardboard box turned tractor costume at C.R.A.F.T.
10. My mom sewed my friend and I these hippie outfits when I was in 5th grade! Still on of my favorite costumes to date.
11. This might be the cutest clown I’ve ever seen! You can get the costume on Etsy.
DIY Animal costumes for kids
17. Owl costume
19. Bee and a bee keeper
23. Fish and Shark
Cut out a shark shape from cardboard and add arm straps for a DIY shark costume! Of course you’ll need a few fishy friends to trick or treat with you. More DIY shark costume details on C.R.A.F.T.
How cute is this tiny koala bear? Best part? This costume is no sew and made with felt and safety pins! See the DIY koala Halloween costume tutorial on C.R.A.F.T.
DIY Food Costumes for kids
27. Raisin Box Costume
If you have a raisin lover on your hands, this DIY cardboard box costume is perfect! Best part? All you need is a box, paint, red bonnet and a basket! Oringially from Bear Rabbit Bear.
28. Candy Corn
Candy corn is typically a love it or hate it candy, but there is no denying that this candy corn is adorable! Hop on over to Dukes & Duchess for this candy corn costume tutorial greatness.
30. Morton Salt Girl
Video Game Costumes
24. Mario and Luigi Costumes
20. Where’s Waldo
25. Where the Wild Things Are
The truth is this tiny Pinocchio is adorable! Costume first spotted in Small Magazine.
32. Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs
32. iPhone Costume
Eat Sleep Make made a no sew iPhone kid costume with a white t-shirt and felt scraps.