2018 is coming to an end, and I’m feeling excited about 2019. C.R.A.F.T. will be 9 years old in February and my full time job for 7 years. I’ve gotten married (in our living room with 4 guests), had 2 babies, and moved 3 times all while writing C.R.A.F.T.
As far as blogging goes, I’m proud of what I’ve accomplished this year. My big blogging goal of 2018 was to learn SEO and increase my organic search on C.R.A.F.T. (Read: Nerd out on numbers and learn all there is to know about SEMrush.) Bottom line: The page views from organic search increased 51% from last year! High five, friends! I’m officially a big ol’ geek!
Just for fun, here are the most read C.R.A.F.T. posts from years back:
Top 10 posts in 2018
1. 44 DIY Adult Costumes: 506,847 page views–This post has now ranked as the most viewed post on C.R.A.F.T. 7 years in a row! There is no doubt we love DIY costumes, and this Operation costume DIY and surgeon costume I made this year is one of my very favorites!
2. 100 Clever Valentine Day Sayings: 216,018 page views–This post has held the #2 spot for 5 years in a row now! Can you belive that Valentine’s Day is less than 2 months away?! Grab these free printable car Valentines now and check Valentines off of your to do list!
3. 23 Creative Ways to Wrap Christmas Money: 117,088 page views– This post is staying steady at number 3 for the 3rd year in a row. I love candy and cash so it’s no doubt this Pez dispenser turned cash holder is up there on my favorite ways to give cash. Add a note that says, ” You’re PEZ-ent is extra special this year!”
4. Grandmother Names: 112,683 page views– This was the wild card post of 2018! It was originally written when I was pregnant with Maxwell and my mom could not decide on her Grandma name. So, I searched the internet for her and found her 57 Grandma names for to pick from. For the record, my mom finally chose Nana.
5. 25 Gender Reveal Party Ideas: 108,539 page views– This post stayed steady on the list at #5 2 years in a row. Gender reveal party ideas have been in the top 10 posts 5 years in a row. Do y’all remember my piñata reveal for Max and the paint filled egg throwing reveal for Mila?
6. 19 Easy DIY Adult Costumes: This post went moved down a few spots this year to #6. Although, I’m not entirely surprised because DIY adult Halloween costumes are a fave, and this post is a round up of many of my easiest costume ideas, like a family of Waldos, a tourist, bank robber and The Village People!
7. Homemade Animal Costumes: This makes the 3rd DIY halloween costume post in the most read posts on C.R.A.F.T. list! I love that you love DIY costumes too. I made 2 super simple animal costumes this year, but not for Halloween. I made these animal costumes for book character day at their school. It’s Mo Willem’s pigeon and Interrupting Rooster!
8. 27 Unique Guest Book Ideas: Unique guest books have been in the top 10 most viewed C.R.A.F.T. posts 4 years in a row! How fun (& useful) is this giant Jenga game guest book from our friend’s wedding this year?!
9. Collaborative Art Ideas: Every year I participate as an artist in a fundraising event for our local children’s hospital called the Art of Giving. Twelve local artists create collaborative pieces of art work with kids from the community and hospital. The art is sponsored by local businesses and all of the money made goes to the hospital. It’s a win- win! This year the kids and I created a giant pink house using bleeding tissue paper since going home is a big theme at the hospital. I love how it turned out!
10. 32 DIY Ugly Christmas Sweaters: What’s the next best thing after DIY Halloween costumes? DIY tacky Chrsitmas sweaters of course! My pregnant snow lady costume and my full body candy cane costume tie for favorite/ most ridiculous ugly Christmas sweater costume idea!
I’ve certainly had more exciting years of blogging, like being on the Meredith Viera show, writing a book, being in People magazine, or belly rubs from Buffy was up there on my list of awesome! But, I feel very thankful for this little peice of the internet and for YOU! Thank you for reading C.R.A.F.T.